Montreal Salon des Vins 2006

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Frederick Blais

Montreal Salon des Vins 2006

Post by Frederick Blais »

Is anyone from Quebec or east coast USA are going to be there?

For those not familiar, I invite you to look at their website :http://www.salondesvins.com/english/

I'll be working the 4 days as a Quinta do Noval representative. Their sales director could not make it, so the agency representing them in Qubec asked me to take his place.

Also I'd like to know if there would be any interest to organize an Offline with members of this board. I'd like to know it before next Monday so I can call a bring you wine restaurant with the good number of seats.

The theme could just be, any Port or Douro wines of 40$can and more.

Both French and English people are welcome!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Hi Fred,
I would be interested in the offline (would be my first one!). Is it still on? I see that noone else responded to this thread...
Were you planning on doing this friday or sunday night ?
Frederick Blais

Yes Alexis you are the first one in it. I would have like to have at least 4 person for making this happen. I know that they are some people from Quebec province reading the Forum, maybe the interest for such a tasting is not there.
Steve Culhane

Post by Steve Culhane »

Fred,

I guess I'm a little late, but would be interested if you can make it happen. Group tastings where everyone puts some $$$ in the pot help make Port more accessible :D

I can contriburte either $$$ or wine.

Steve
Frederick Blais

Well I'm not sure it is going to happen. Its a bit late to see what is everyone disponibility right now.

I had a sale manager from a very good port house interested joining us. The problem is that the agency are making their agenda and so far the agency did not reply to my email and calls. They are certainly too busy dealing with these issues right now 2-3 days before the event.

I'll try to see what I can do on the floor tomorrow. Come and see me at the Noval stand between 10 and 16h. If it can work, I'll invite you to join us.