1986 Delaforce colheita

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

michael miller

1986 Delaforce colheita

Post by michael miller »

I have an opportunity to but some 500ml's of this at a around 13 bucks a bottle. Has anyone had this lately? Is it worth it?
Thanks.

Michael
Michael Miller
Gary Banker
Location: Shirley, Massachusetts, United States of America - USA

Re: 1986 Delaforce colheita

Post by Gary Banker »

I had some about four years ago. They were pretty good. Buy them all.
Lamont Huxley

Post by Lamont Huxley »

$13 a bottle sounds like a ridiculously good price for those. I think I paid something in the $25 range for one a few years ago. Here were my notes:

Fully tawny in color - golden at the edges with only a slight hint of red left. Good intensity on the nose showing hazelnut, marmalade, cinnamon, vanilla, and buttery oak notes. There's good weight to the palate as well, it's smooth and medium sweet with carmelized fruit flavors and butterscotch, balanced by a tart cherry acidity. The finish is long and elegant. Very nice colheita. 91pts, Tasted 3/08
The Port Maverick
Brian C.

Post by Brian C. »

Considering I paid near $12 for a pour of this once, I'd say that $13 for 500 ml was a steal. Consider that a good 750 ml 20 year tawny runs in the 40s-50s per bottle. It's funny that I just mentioned this colheita in another thread just a few days ago. If I found this for $13 a bottle I'd load up for sure.