2000 Taylor Fladgate LBV Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Richard Henderson

2000 Taylor Fladgate LBV Port

Post by Richard Henderson »

I have a couple of cases of this 2000 Taylor LBV purchased at the "Crazy sale" in Texas 2 weeks ago ( see my recent thread on this).
This has a full mint, young ripe fruit bouquet. A very smooth mouth entry and feel. Coats the whole palate. Not hot at all. Nice fresh dark fruit on the palate with a hint of nutmeg spice. Good lingering finish. It has some power and back bone to it. This is not just a knock back, quaffer.
Hard to believe for $9.94/ bottle :!:
I will give it a solid 90.
What a deal!!! :D
Richard Henderson
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Very interesting. I tasted this wine and posted a note on November 13, and was pretty uncomplimentary about the wine.

But...I was tasting it while in a plane. I've often read that one of the challenges for wine selections on planes is that your perception and palate differs at altitude compared to at ground level.

I wonder if this could account for much of the difference in our perceptions?

Alex
Richard Henderson

Post by Richard Henderson »

There are many variables that could affect wine on an airplane. It could well have suffered some heat damage , maybe it had been openeded awhile. We can't rule out cabin pressure and the various effects on your palate. We also can't rule out bottle or case variation and how they were stored nor for how long before it boarded the plane.

My case has been in the merchant's climate contolled warehouse and recently brought to the staore for the March 06 sale.
Richard Henderson