quinta do noval wines

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Symon B

quinta do noval wines

Post by Symon B »

hi are the qn wines good and are they high up there in portugal wines for quality esp the 2007 has anyone tried it it is expencive 26 pounds per bottle thankyou symonb
Ronald Wortel

Re: quinta do noval wines

Post by Ronald Wortel »

Hi Simon,

So far, I've only tasted the Cedro do Noval bottling and not the top cuvee. The Cedro is a very good wine and fine value for money (usually around 15 euro across Europe). Are you specifically interested in the Noval wines (and if so: why?) or also willing to taste some other good Douro wines that may be on the same level (or better)?

Cheers,
Ronald
But enough about me, what do YOU think of me? -- Johnny Bravo
Daniel R.

Post by Daniel R. »

I agree with Ronald, Cedro do Noval is a good wine with great QPR. The Quinta do Noval is very expensive in Portugal (normally the top bottlings are cheaper abroad - due to volume and a rather passive consumer base) so I have only tried it once - good but you can find far more interesting wines in the same category.
Pedro Guimaraes

Post by Pedro Guimaraes »

I have to say i disagree!!! Qta. do Noval is a great wine...very polished and with an unusual definition for a Douro wine...

Itº s not cheap at all but delivers, IMO, greatly!!! Havenºt tried the 2007 yet, but the 2005 was a beauty...