Port cocktails

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Ricardo L.

Port cocktails

Post by Ricardo L. »

My name is Ricardo Lemos and i'm from Brasil. I would llike to have some suggestions on port cocktails. Thanks
Eric Menchen

Re: Port cocktails

Post by Eric Menchen »

Welcome Ricard. You should do some searching through the site here, as I know this has come up before and been discussed. In the warmer months I enjoy a Port Tonic, dry white Port, tonic water, and perhaps a slice of lime. Pink Port makes a good mixer as well, and some would suggest that is all it is good for :D I can't recall a cocktail made with a ruby or tawny, but there probably is one made with ruby. Hopefully a few other people may chime in as well. In the mean time, also search at some of the producer web sites. Some of them have cocktail recipes, Sandeman and Croft come to mind, but I could be wrong on that.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Earlier this month at the Yeatman in Porto we were served Croft Pink mixed with Green Tea. It was really very nice and is something I'd be happy to try again. I don't know the mix ratio, though, so you'd have to experiment.
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Ricardo,

:ftlop: Newsletter #54 was "open source" and there is a great feature in it which provides photos and recipes of over a dozen Port cocktails. Go to our homepage and download a copy of the newsletter and check it out. :scholar:

Enjoy!

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Kris Henderson
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Kris Henderson »

I would think you could do an interesting twist on any cocktail that calls for sweet Italian Vermouth by substituting a young Ruby Port for the Vermouth.