TN required - Gould Campbell 1994

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Philip Harvey

TN required - Gould Campbell 1994

Post by Philip Harvey »

I was so impressed with my recent Gould Campbell 1977 purchase that I am considering a case or two from other vintages.

Does anyone have any recommendations from the eighties or nineties, and especially the 1994 which I have seen in the UK at £276 per case duty and VAT paid?

Thanks. Philip
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Find yourself a case of the 1983 Gould Campbell which IMO is every bit as good as the '77 if not superior. The '85 does not come close and the '83 is even better than the 2000 and 2003.

I have not had the '94 in quite some time, so you'll have to get feedback on that one from someone who has tasted it in this decade.

Sorry I could not be of more help!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Tom Archer

Post by Tom Archer »

I bought a case of GC '94 at Christies in January for £140 + BP and delivery, so about £164 total cost.

I thought that was a bargain - but £180 + BP would be top whack - so don't pay more!

It's not the commonest wine on the auction lists, but it will probably crop up again before too long.

Can't tell you what it tastes like, as I havn't opened the case yet.

- Come to think of it, I've got an unopened case of the '77 as well - may be time to let it see the light of day :D

Tom