2003 Broadbent VP - $34.69 on WTSO

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Melanie R.

2003 Broadbent VP - $34.69 on WTSO

Post by Melanie R. »

Free shipping when you buy 2 bottles.

http://wtso.com/

Would this be good drinking now? Or would it be "too old to be young, but too young to be old"? If that makes any sense at all... 8--)
Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: 2003 Broadbent VP - $34.69 on WTSO

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hi Melanie,

A friend just emailed me this and I was coming here to post it.

To answer your question, the 2003 can certainly be enjoyed today, as it is not a powerhouse, but a gentle and well balanced Port that is approachable and still has plenty of upside too. But given the price, you can chose to drink it now or drink it in another decade or two. It does have the stuffing to last. Again, my mantra is: "anytime you can find a solid Vintage Port from a known producer and excellent vintage for under $40 ... buy it." With FREE shipping, buy several!!!

I was one point higher than WS/WE for this wine with my TN:

2003 Broadbent Vintage Port
Bing cherry and strawberry, along with a grapy nose that yields to chocolate. Showing a medium body the first day that added significant heft the 2nd day. The Broadbent offers tart red cherry fruit in a seductive, drier style with a spicy, mint undertone. It is nicely balanced overall and very approachable in a ready-to-enjoy-now style. This will provide mid-term aging potential and finishes with a gentle, lingering aftertaste with tannins that begin as subtle but show their verve. 91 Points
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John M.

Post by John M. »

Would this be good drinking now? Or would it be "too old to be young, but too young to be old"? If that makes any sense at all... 8--)
Hey!!...I resemble that remark... [foilhat.gif]
Any Port in a storm!
Steve E.

Post by Steve E. »

Too bad I missed out on this one. 2003 is my anniversary year and I like to buy something I don't have whenever they come available like this.

It'll probably be back though. It looks like it lasted about 3 hours this time.
~Steve