Ferreira 2007 LBV

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

dom carter

Ferreira 2007 LBV

Post by dom carter »

Hi,

Been away from the forum for too long - real life (promotion at work) and all that! but to cut a long story short; i've been commuting into work with a Portuguese Student doing his placement year where i work (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, i sub-contract for an IT company) - it's manufacturing so it's trains before 06:00 in the morning and we've had a laugh to break up the horribly early journey.

Any Ho - i bought him a couple of bottles of Portuguese beer as he said he couldn't find any in the town (he doesn't know where to look :D ), when his year placement ended he returned the favour with a Ferreira 2007 LBV ( :oops: ) flown in from Home (he's a lisboan!), I'm looking to save it till Thanksgiving/Xmas as it was a gift.

Any body had this? - i couldn't find it in the tasting notes database.

Regards
Al B.

Re: Ferreira 2007 LBV

Post by Al B. »

I didn't expect to say yes - but I have had this! I tried a bottle in June this year. My tasting note is below (and will get loaded onto the database later this year with all my other tasting notes).

Ferreira LBV 2007. Bottled unfiltered in 2011. Deep red with a slight lightening on the rim. Pleasant floral nose; lovely fruit on the early palate that is as floral and scented as the nose but there is also a delicious dose of acidity and ripe tannins. The aftertaste and finish are very good. This is a great LBV. 89/100. Drunk 13-Jun-12. Decanting time unknown.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I too had it earlier this year and was very surprised at how good it was. I'll try and get my TN up on it later today. But I can say worth getting some bottles of this for anyone that doesn't have any.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
dom carter

Post by dom carter »

Hi,

Thanks for the Info, i've not had much experience of Ferreira.

Regards

Dom