Noval Nacional 1994

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Noval Nacional 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Im in on one as well

and I'm sure we could sort a tasting event at my place to pass them out at some point in the future.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Andy Velebil wrote:and I'm sure we could sort a tasting event at my place to pass them out at some point in the future.
I might fly down this time. :lol:
Glenn Elliott
Theo Z.

Post by Theo Z. »

I'm glad there's so much interest - I was wondering how I would ever get to enjoy so many bottles of the same vintage/label!

So now 7 bottles are spoken for. 5 more available. If Steve confirms his travel plans, this is a go...!
Steve Pollack - 2
David Spriggs - 2
Glenn E. - 2
Andy Velebil - 1

Once Steve confirms, I will private message those who are purchasing the '94NN with my home address and phone number and request that you mail out a USPS money order - I'm also on PayPal if you have a strong preference to pay by credit card.

Theo
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

I'm also up for 1. I haven't figured out a shipping option. I have friends in NYC, but they probably don't have cellar storage. So maybe mine can go to CA or WA for a while, or ship to CO.
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

I will definitely be in NY, and will be able to accept up to 12 bottles from Theo on Friday morning, 5/31. [dance2.gif]
Theo Z.

Post by Theo Z. »

That's great news - thanks Steve! I will send you my contact info through a PM. I will be in touch with others who have committed to purchasing the '94 NN through a PM.

Theo
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Steve Pollack wrote:I will definitely be in NY, and will be able to accept up to 12 bottles from Theo on Friday morning, 5/31. [dance2.gif]
Fantastic and thanks!!

Steve, if you need someplace to store them after let me know. I've got plenty of room in my secure temp/humidity controlled offsite until they get handed off to the others
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Steve Pollack wrote:I will definitely be in NY, and will be able to accept up to 12 bottles from Theo on Friday morning, 5/31. [dance2.gif]
Thanks Steve!
Marc J.

Post by Marc J. »

I'm also in for one!
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

I'd be in for one as well.
Theo Z.

Post by Theo Z. »

So now 9 bottles are definitely spoken for, up to 3 more are available.
Steve Pollack - 2
David Spriggs - 2
Glenn E. - 2
Andy Velebil - 1
Marc J. - 1
Eric Ifune - 1

I will PM Marc J and Eric Ifune my contact info for payment.
For the remaining bottles if anyone else besides Steve is going to be passing through NY feel free to make arrangements to pick up directly from me.

Theo
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

My basement finishing and wine cellar construction is running over budget and I'm not so sure that I'm in. But I'm still going to throw out the trade option. Does anyone want to trade a 1994 for a 1997? They are both going for about $1000 each at retail (and auction for the 1997 earlier this year). You buy a 1994 from Theo and trade to me for a 1997.
Howard Marc Spector

Post by Howard Marc Spector »

I'd like one. (I'm a very infrequent poster, but lurk regularly).

I will be in NYC from 5/30-6/6 so I could just pick it up from a mutually convenient spot.

howard marc spector
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hi Theo,

Sandy Becker mentioned he'd like one on the first page of this thread. He lives near Glenn and delivery would be easy if Glenn is going to LA or they wind up getting shipped. I'll email Sandy and tell him to look back at this thread.

But for the moment, please do add him to your list.

Best regards,

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Theo Z.

Post by Theo Z. »

Thanks Roy, Howard and Eric for your recent postings.

So far I have the following reserved:

Steve Pollack - 2 bottles
David Spriggs - 2 bottles
Glenn E. - 2 bottles
Andy Velebil - 1 bottle
Marc J. - 1 bottle
Eric Ifune - 1 bottle
Sandy Becker - 1 bottle, possible, please let me know
Steve Pollack has graciously volunteered to bring these bottles to the West Coast.
Steve has graciously volunteered to bring a maximum of 12 bottles with him, so it looks like 2 more are available if anyone is still interested.

Additionally, Howard will be picking up 1 bottle from me in NYC.

Theo
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Roy Hersh wrote:Sandy Becker mentioned he'd like one on the first page of this thread. He lives near Glenn and delivery would be easy if Glenn is going to LA or they wind up getting shipped. I'll email Sandy and tell him to look back at this thread.
LOL I just emailed him to say the same thing! :lol: I guess I should have checked here first. :oops:
Glenn Elliott
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Theo, I'd like to get one more bottle. I will be paying for it, but it's for Eric. I think that accounts for all the bottles. Let know if I have it and I'll send you the payment.
Sandy Becker

Post by Sandy Becker »

Glenn E. wrote:
Roy Hersh wrote:Sandy Becker mentioned he'd like one on the first page of this thread. He lives near Glenn and delivery would be easy if Glenn is going to LA or they wind up getting shipped. I'll email Sandy and tell him to look back at this thread.
LOL I just emailed him to say the same thing! :lol: I guess I should have checked here first. :oops:
:thanks: Thanks to you both for looking out for me. I look forward to us getting together sometime soon for another tasting.
Theo Z.

Post by Theo Z. »

Thanks everyone for all your postings and PMs! Here's the final list:

Steve Pollack - 2 bottles
David Spriggs - 3 bottles (includes 1 bottle for Eric)
Glenn E. - 2 bottles (I already received your payment - thanks Glenn!)
Andy Velebil - 1 bottle
Marc J. - 1 bottle
Eric Ifune - 1 bottle
Sandy Becker - 1 bottle (I already received your pyment - thanks Sandy!)
Howard - 1 bottle (Howard will be picking this bottle up from me himself in NYC)

Theo
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

BTW Theo, what are the fill levels like and how did you come to own a dozen of these beauties?

I had one last Monday and it was beautiful as usual. I've only had one that did not live up to grandeur. Last year whilst at Noval, I had the 1994 Quinta do Noval vs. the 1994 Quinta do Noval Nacional blind. Two bottles straight up. I picked the more massive Port with the greater grip and more profound fruit as the Nacional. The few other experienced tasters all wrote down their picks as well. We were ALL fooled. On that day, the 1994 Quinta do Noval (regular bottling) blew away the Nacional which was really quite reticent and I believe that while decanted for a couple of hours, that clearly was not enough for that youngster. Last week, we decanted it for 16 hours and it showed amazingly. This is more a note for those about to make purchases and in case they're prepared to consume their bottles in the not-too-distant future versus those that will cellar them for 2-3 decades.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com