anyone going to the IVDP Mini Salon in Montreal Oct 25th?

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Paul_B

anyone going to the IVDP Mini Salon in Montreal Oct 25th?

Post by Paul_B »

Hi all,

wasn't planning to go myself, but then I thought it could be a chance to meet any of you who hang around here. So if you will go please post.

cheers
paba
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Hey Paul, I will be there. Though not for a long time, I have to be in Quebec for dinner where a tasting of 24 great Bordeaux from 82 to 2003 wines awaits me. I don't know if you need to register for that, but from 13h to 14h30 there will be a conference on white ports.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Paul_B

Post by Paul_B »

Hi Fred,

wow, long day for your taste buds...

your probably right, this event is probably not open to the public. In the past I've always been with "people in the business". So in fact I don't even know if I can get in myself this year since I didn't receive anything in the mail or inbox.

thanks
Paul
Frederick Blais

Send me an email and I'll forward you the invitation card to fill.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

No, but I will be leading a Port tasting in Canada the following week.

It will be a comparative dual horizontal of 1983 and 2003 Vintage Ports. Hopefully it will be almost as exciting as the 1994 and 2004 VP lineup that we had in Portugal. Now that was great!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Where in Canada Roy?
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Towards the middle of the country in Alberta. I won't be back in Vancouver until April and don't know when I will get to Toronto, Montreal and Quebec ... but I need to.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

We need to organize something in Montreal! In January I'll be conducting a tasting with 6 1977 VP. From my experience, people are not crazy about young vintage but when its start to get old and you put Fonseca and Taylor it is a different story.

We have a very nice restaurant in Montreal called Club Chasse et Pêche. I know very well the owner and it is possible to book the restaurant and receive a producer to present his products with a different meal for each. Just an idea, you could do the english and me the french part :wink:
Paul_B

Post by Paul_B »

Sounds like a great idea, my Graham's 77 is hidden in my cellar but one day it will have to come out. (I was thinking in 2007), is this one of the 7?

Or we could do it in a Portuguese restaurant, I have nice relationship with the team at Portus Calle, chef Helena Loureiro is a magician and their list of private import Portuguese wines is very nice.

cheers
Paul
Moses Botbol

Port Tasting in Montreal

Post by Moses Botbol »

Sounds like a good idea at either place. Please keep us posted so I can coordinate my drive and accomadations.
Frederick Blais

This tasting is already booked. It was posted on a Québec's wine forum. But in 2007 we should do an North-East American offline. Portus Calle sounds like a good place to me. My agenda is busy until christmas but keep the idea in mind and lets try to do one in early 2007!
Steve Culhane

Post by Steve Culhane »

Frédérick Blais wrote:This tasting is already booked. It was posted on a Québec's wine forum. But in 2007 we should do an North-East American offline. Portus Calle sounds like a good place to me. My agenda is busy until christmas but keep the idea in mind and lets try to do one in early 2007!
Let me know if this happens. I am interested and can contribute bottles...

Steve
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

I should be at the Montreal salon, if I can get my hands on my tickets ... I must get them before noon in Montreal wednesday but might not be able to leave Sherbrooke in time. I have media tickets, granting access to the Salon from 2h30 PM.

Maybe we can all get together somewhere and walk the salon together for a bit ?
Frederick Blais

You may want to check the subject I just start to organize us a tasting.

http://www.fortheloveofport.com/ftlopfo ... =9941#9941