2013 Madeira Weekend in SF

This forum is for discussing all things Madeira - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

2013 Madeira Weekend in SF

Post by Roy Hersh »

Just curious if anyone is interested in having me still write up TN's and article on this last year's event? I realize it was a year ago and overlooked until now ... but if people really do want to see it written up, w/ the main focus on the TN's, I'll do so. Up to you?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bradley Bogdan

Re: 2013 Madeira Weekend in SF

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

I always enjoy event recaps and TNs, but don't do it solely on my account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Brad

Barry Sunderland

Post by Barry Sunderland »

Roy,

I'll be outta school in 1 week, with notes sent to you by end of evening, Sunday, June 8th, if still interested. "If someone can do the 'high bar', and I'll take the 'low bar', and I'll be in Madeira before you!" :lol: I meant to do this earlier, but I become waylaid by sundry errands...
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

I would like to see the notes, especially because I was unable to make it. [cheers.gif]
Reidar Andersen

Post by Reidar Andersen »

Of course I world like to get a report.. Did not make any in writing, so refresh my mind will be great... :winepour:
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I don't have a lot of details, beyond possibly the menus and tasting notes and photos, but I can likely patch something together. I did take ample notes. Barry, were you planning to send me just TN's or also include some background story elements?

Both would be welcome, especially if you too have scores included. I have transcribed all of my notes/ratings and all.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Next year (2015) we should do another multi-day Madeira gig in SF again. I think it was more fun than if we tried to do it here. Might even choose the same venue. From memory, the food was pretty exceptional!
Reidar Andersen

Post by Reidar Andersen »

I am in SF 14.-15. March and I love Sociale and can bring goodies ... [berserker.gif] ( come March 11 . th , one weeek ).
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

Roy Hersh wrote:Next year (2015) we should do another multi-day Madeira gig in SF again. I think it was more fun than if we tried to do it here. Might even choose the same venue. From memory, the food was pretty exceptional!
Please sign me up! :D
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Steve, Reidar and others. I just tossed that out there. No sign ups or anything until later this year. I am open for a reminder after returning from the Port Harvest Tour. My life is saturated until then.

Reidar, are you dates flexible at all? I would really prefer to NOT do this in March. I have a full plate that month and April is much more wide open. So is June, and the weather is far nicer. Probably best for you to email me to discuss this.

Thanks!
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

Roy, I was just kidding (for now). I realize it is very premature at this point, but I could not control my excitement! [cheers.gif]
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

Me too! :winebath:
Mark L

Post by Mark L »

I'm still bummed I missed the last one as I was really looking forward to it. Can't go wrong with multiple days of Madeira tasting with friends and fellow enthusiasts!

Reading the TN will surely make me drool.
(also really really prematurely) I'm in!
Barry Sunderland

Post by Barry Sunderland »

Roy,

Email sent with notes.

The best,
Barry
Llyn Strelau

Post by Llyn Strelau »

I know you aren't close to sign up for 2015 in SF but I'm definitely in. Sociale was a great venue in every way !
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I posted TNs in the current newsletter from one of the two sessions. I'll eventually get around to the rest of them when my time permits, which means not until at least mid-Oct.

We will look to do something again next year, but for now, I can't give any more attention to this until later this fall or early winter.

Roy