Best port experience ?

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Frederick Blais

Re: Best port experience ?

Post by Frederick Blais »

Interesting to write on this 5 years later!

I think today I'd have to go with a 1966 Fonseca.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Mine would have to be a taste of the 1906 Brunheda Colheita in Roy's basement. Still my only 100-point Port... just magical.

Then there was the first bottle I shared with my family - surprisingly just 2 years ago this week - which was a 1963 Fonseca Vintage Port. It showed beautifully, everyone loved it, and it was the perfect addition to Thanksgiving dinner.

And then there's pretty much the entire 2010 Port Harvest Tour! :mrgreen:
Glenn Elliott
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Glenn E. wrote:And then there's pretty much the entire 2010 Port Harvest Tour! :mrgreen:
That was a fun time, many excellent ports that I would not normally have tried, but really love. I guess if port experience can be a whole week, then it was one for my list.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

Tasting a range of rare old Colheitas straight from the cask at Weise and Krohn with Roy on the Fortification tour a couple of years ago.
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

My best port drunk and best port experience has got to be sitting round the dining table after dinner at Quinta Do Noval and sharing some fabulous ports with like-minded port lovers. We had some exquisite wines that night, but Nacional 1963 has got to be the peak. The only port I have ever awarded 100 points - and then only after 24 hours in the decanter!