INDUSTRY INSIDE TRACK

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

INDUSTRY INSIDE TRACK

Post by Roy Hersh »

I am very pleased to be able to share some great news with :ftlop: 'ers! :scholar:

Congratulations are in order for Gonçalo Devesas who many of you know from his posts online or from visiting Vinologia where he worked the past few years, after his brother Gustavo also left (to work for the Symington's at Graham's). Gonçalo began working for Dalva as of last Monday. He is responsible for designing a website for them and also he will spearhead and manage the brand new Dalva Port Bar which will launch in a few weeks on the Gaia side of the river. The location is very close in proximity to the Sandeman Lodge across from the cais, and Gonçalo will welcome visitors with a great lineup of Dalva's Port products (of which there are many). See the upcoming newsletter for more info!

Check out photos of Gonçalo both on the FTLOP homepage's PORTraits and a great shot from May on the :ftlop: Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/For-Th ... 664?ref=ts
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: INDUSTRY INSIDE TRACK

Post by Glenn E. »

Congratulations, Gonçalo!
Glenn Elliott
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

:thumbsup:
Congratulations!
:thumbsup:
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: [yahoo.gif]
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

I've got a lot of respect for Dalva's vintage ports - hopefully Goncalo will be able to persuade others to come round to my point of view...but please, not until I've bought some more!
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Congratulations and good luck Gonçalo!
goncalo devesas

Post by goncalo devesas »

I´m honored with these posts, many thanks to Roy and you all my friends ! [notworthy.gif]

And I´m sure that will meet you all [welcome.gif] in the new Dalva´s spot for unique experiences :winepour: [cheers.gif] :winepour: [cheers.gif] :winepour: [cheers.gif] :winepour: [cheers.gif]

Roy will be the first emissary of this project and Dalva news, therefore the :ftlop: BROTHERHOOD will get the info sooner than anyone.