Symingtons acquire Cockburn brand

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Derek T.

Symingtons acquire Cockburn brand

Post by Derek T. »

Four years after acquiring the assets of Cockburn, Symington Family Estates have now acquired the Cockburn brand from Beam Global.

I think this is great news for this historic brand as it is now back in the hands of a company that is entirely focused on the production of Port 8--)

http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-news/ ... ly-estates
Symington Family

Re: Symingtons acquire Cockburn brand

Post by Symington Family »

Thanks for this post Derek, we are all excited at the challenge of getting to work on this great and historic Port brand.

As you say, our family is totally committed to Port and to the Douro, so we know the roots of this company extremely well.

It will be fun to be able to define the next chapter for this, one of the greatest of all Port houses.

Paul
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I think this is fantastic news! I look forward to this house getting back on track with its upper end products (The Special Reserve already has made a big improvement and I'd now put it on the recommend list for an easy to find and nicely priced Ruby Reserve).
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Big news indeed. A great fit for the Symington's portfolio. This is not 100% "signed" though yet, is it?
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars