Blog and Portraits updated!

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Blog and Portraits updated!

Post by Roy Hersh »

Have a look, some incredible Madeira photos and a few other beneath there. Also, if you've ever wondered if I do FTLOP full time OR what else I do to support my family ... the Blog goes into detail.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Ifune

Re: Blog and Portraits updated!

Post by Eric Ifune »

So when is the deep fried butter coming to the fair! :lol:
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Eric Ifune wrote:So when is the deep fried butter coming to the fair! :lol:
I was thinking deep fried lard should be next. The question is does it pair better with Port, Madeira, or a Douro wine :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Andy Velebil wrote:
I was thinking deep fried lard should be next. The question is does it pair better with Port, Madeira, or a Douro wine :lol:
There's a guy at the Texas State Fair who does deep fried beer... why not deep fried Port?
Glenn Elliott
Andrew E

Post by Andrew E »

Glenn E. wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:
There's a guy at the Texas State Fair who does deep fried beer... why not deep fried Port?
You might be on to something if he tries it with basic tawnies & rubies. You'd probably need a safe room, though, as ports higher alcohol content might not agree with blazing hot oil.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

With virtually four hours of sleep per night, when I get back to my motel room and "process the day" ... all I can think of is a great glass of Port but rarely get to do that. I might have to change that this year so I can be ready for Portugal. [cheers.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com