"Woot Off" at wine.woot.com

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andrew E

"Woot Off" at wine.woot.com

Post by Andrew E »

Woot.com is having it's "woot off" today in which specially priced items are sold until they run out and they put up a new item for sale. They also have a wine site that operates in the same manner on these special deal days. I haven't seen any port pop up in the times that I've followed these things, but could be a good time to stock up on some other wines.

http://wine.woot.com/

For those who haven't shopped at or heard of woot.com, I've been buying things from them for years and the "woot" off is always a fun occasion. Also, they were recently bought out by Amazon.com so they definitely are dependable.
Eric Menchen

Re: "Woot Off" at wine.woot.com

Post by Eric Menchen »

"Krave Pure Jerky Sampler" ? Silly me, I expected to find wine there.
Andrew E

Post by Andrew E »

Haha, during these woot offs they do mix in the odd "gourmet" food here and there like aged balsamic or olive oil. You'll find a lot of California and US wines a lot of the time otherwise.

These are all of the wines that have come out in the past couple of days:
http://wine.woot.com/blog/
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Heh, I can get Krave at my local grocery store. We have a couple of bags of it in the house right now, but I haven't tried them yet. I think we have the chili lime and the sweet chipotle.
Glenn Elliott
Andrew E

Post by Andrew E »

The Hunt Country Vineyards Estate Bottled Finger Lakes - 3 Pack currently up for sale is a good deal at $45.

The ice wine alone is about $38, and I think the other 2 late harvest bottles are $15 each.

I got these for my parents the last time they were up for sale, I don't know if they've tried them yet though.
Timothy B.
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Timothy B. »

I was going to say most of the wines they feature are from the US West Coast, they rarely have non-US wines, and I didn't recall seeing a European (much less a port).

But the wine that's up right now is from Italy, which shows what I know...

Anyway, they have had some California "ports" in the past.

I would guess this would be the most interesting one:

[...] inspired by a couple of Portuguese interns with Port experience, Kent Rasmussen tried an interesting educational experiment. He mixed up a pretty standard Port from five component California grapes – but he left enough of each varietal to bottle them each individually, too.

There is a long thread discussing these wines, and the quality posts include some by Kent Rasmussen giving the background on why he made them.

--- T