cellar for sale

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andrew N.

cellar for sale

Post by Andrew N. »

I have a list of vp's for sale due to lack of storage in my cellar(constant 11degrees)if you are interested I can e-mail you the list.I am not a commercial seller and the prices on the list are rough estimates,be assured you will be offered a fair price on any bottle /case I am of course open to fair valuations if you disagree on my estimate.Also have some claret and burgundy for sale. :(
Tom Archer

Post by Tom Archer »

Tried to send you a pm, but the system seems to have some gremlins left inside..

Can you email your list to [email protected]

Ta

Tom
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I've sent you an e-mail but if you pick this message up first please e-mail your list to [email protected]

Depending on what this list looks like, are any of the UK based guys up for a collaborative deal here? I visit Edinburgh almost every week so could do the pick-up and distribution depending on where and how much each person wants.

Derek
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

pinalta (or Andrew),

Just had a look at your profile and surprised to find you occupation listed as Wine Shop Manager and the name you are using on this site is the same as the name of a Douro red wine. Your profile even lists the website http://www.pinalta.com

None of this seems to fit with the statement "I am not a commercial seller" :shock:

Is this "list" from your own private collection or are you trying to sell us wine from your shop?

Derek
Andrew N.

Post by Andrew N. »

just to clarify my cellar is my private stock.And working for threshers is my occupation,I also have a interest in http://www.pinalta.com as they are friends.hope this clarifys the questions raised :D
John Conwell
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by John Conwell »

Here is my question. How come all these people that have too many bottles of VP in there cellar and need to clear out some room, all live in the UK?!?!? :(

How come no one in the Pacific NW (or maybe the west coast) needs to rid them selves of a few pesky bottles of VP? :P
Thanks, John C
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

John,

Last year, I sold off a number of cases of 1960, 1966 and 1977s right here in your home town. Prior to that, I had only sold one case of wine in my life. It was not something I "wanted" to do. Anyway, they were purchased early in my Port buying spree from the late '80s to early '90s ... and did not last long. All went to local Portoholics from Washington, although it was at a time that preceded this FORUM by 3 months ... and were listed on Ebob's Commerce Corner at the time.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John Conwell
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by John Conwell »

ARGH!!!!! I cant believe my timing!

If only I had discovered the joys of port a year earlier! Woe is me! :wall:
Thanks, John C