Tour de France

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Tour de France

Post by Andy Velebil »

WOW!
Thats all I can say after Floyd Landis just kicked some major arse today. I haven't seen a Tour with this much drama since Lemond beat Fignon in the final time trial back in the '80s. I hope Landis is able to make up those few precious seconds to get the yellow jersey (maillot jaune) back in the final individual time trial.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John Conwell
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by John Conwell »

OH MAN! I dont have anyone to talk Tour with, so I've been bursting this year! What a race! All the sprinting going on the first 7 days was incredable. And now in the mountains, with Landis taking the yellow, loosing it soundly, (drinking a beer) and then comming back yesterday on that long solo. CRAZY!

It'll be tense watching him on Saturday during the time trial to see if he can make up those 30 seconds. Its still anybody's race!
Thanks, John C
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

OHH MAN!!!

Floyd Landis is the man...he went from being on top of the podium, falling off that podium, now he is back on top. With only one day left, which is more of a ceremonial stage than anything else, Landis is almost assured of an overall victory. What a great tour this has been, best one in over 10 years.

BTW, John you can talk cycling with me all you want. I've been a category 2 racer for 20 years.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com