Latest FTLOP newsletter

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Tom D.

Latest FTLOP newsletter

Post by Tom D. »

Another really interesting and diverse newsletter, packed with educational and fun reading. Props to Roy!
Tom D.
Al B.

Re: Latest FTLOP newsletter

Post by Al B. »

I loved the video of the Madeira tasting. I watched it in a pub and ended up having to replay it 3 times because people wanted to see wine bottles that old being opened and drunk!
Markus D.

Post by Markus D. »

Great to see a Port opportunity for the UK market!

With BC slowing liberalising our antiquated liquor laws, maybe one day we'll be able to see US shipping of these deals to Vancouver [cheers.gif]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Wow, positive feedback on a newsletter? Thanks Tom! [notworthy.gif]

As for the Madeira video, now Hans gets all the credit for that. I doubt that I'll ever drink older bottles than that which were still in such amazing condition (1790, not so much) but it was certainly one day/night I'll never forget, or be able to top. Alex, too funny that you were showing this in a pub and people cared about wine bottles. Nice!

As for Canada, I really wanted to get the buying op for Canada too, but it is just so hard with each Province's monopoly playing by different rules. Was thrilled to be able to do it for the UK and EU, in addition to the USA!

Thanks again gentlemen. [cheers.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Roy Hersh wrote:Alex, too funny that you were showing this in a pub and people cared about wine bottles. Nice!
But this is a slightly unusual local pub - it is my other half's favourite (only?) pub to go for a drink. They sell 8 different marques of Champagne by the glass or bottle and another 6 only by the bottle (and several good ciders).

The only pubs that gets close to tempting me as much are Tom's local (Morgan 1991 by the glass) and the Bell in Wenden's Ambo.
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Roy Hersh wrote:Wow, positive feedback on a newsletter? Thanks Tom! [notworthy.gif]

As for Canada, I really wanted to get the buying op for Canada too, but it is just so hard with each Province's monopoly playing by different rules. Was thrilled to be able to do it for the UK and EU, in addition to the USA!

Thanks again gentlemen. [cheers.gif]
We in Quebec can't wait [beg.gif] for the day .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .