Some good prices on 2003 Vintage Port

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Some good prices on 2003 Vintage Port

Post by David Spriggs »

I thought I'd pass these along. *In Stock* at Premier Cru:

2003 Quinta do Noval VP - $55 -- http://www.premiercru.net/premier/shop/ ... neId=33635
2003 Croft VP - $47 -- http://www.premiercru.net/premier/shop/ ... neId=32178

I believe that these are the lowest prices in the world and are lower than the pre-arrival pricing.

-Dave-

PS. I hesitate to buy pre-arrival at premier cru, but their in stock wines are not a risk.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Croft at that price is worth a case buy for those looking for cornerstones of a young cellar to build on!

The Noval, is also a good buy and a very fine VP at a good price.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Roy Hersh wrote:Croft at that price is worth a case buy for those looking for cornerstones of a young cellar to build on!

The Noval, is also a good buy and a very fine VP at a good price.
I will be looking for some of this Croft while down in the US this weekend... I'm taking your advice Roy on building said "young cellar!"

Also, the price on the Noval is PHENOMENAL! $55Usd?? Come on... :shock: I just bought 1 bottle of this for $110Cdn/$100US less than a month ago. That is fantastic!

Todd
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

tpettinger wrote:Also, the price on the Noval is PHENOMENAL! $55Usd?? Come on... :shock: I just bought 1 bottle of this for $110Cdn/$100US less than a month ago. That is fantastic!

Todd
Yeah, amazing price. I bought 2 - 6 packs after tasting it. I still surprised that they have this.

And Premier Cru is in the Bay Area - I just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco in Emeryville.

-Dave-
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

dspriggs wrote:
tpettinger wrote:Also, the price on the Noval is PHENOMENAL! $55Usd?? Come on... :shock: I just bought 1 bottle of this for $110Cdn/$100US less than a month ago. That is fantastic!

Todd
Yeah, amazing price. I bought 2 - 6 packs after tasting it. I still surprised that they have this.

And Premier Cru is in the Bay Area - I just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco in Emeryville.

-Dave-
I think you just made me very broke and my wife extremely mad :o
Although I note they are not open on Sunday... unfortunate. I arrive on Sunday morning which means I will have had all of Sunday to visit K&L Wines and Betramos prior to making it to premier cru, if I am able to get there during the weekdays that I am there.
Tom Archer

Post by Tom Archer »

This adds fuel to the theory that the release pricing of the 2003's was taken much too far, and that buyers stayed away as a consequence.

I suspect that American wine merchants may be a little more impatient to move slow moving stock than their English counterparts - this may well be an exercise in offloading 'at cost'.

I would be very pleased to see the opening prices brought down to earth, so that buying at first release made sense again. However that seems unlikely to happen overnight.

I'm beginning to wonder if 2005 will follow in the footsteps of 1931 - a superb vintage passed over for commercial reasons..

Tom
Mark DaSilva
Location: Mission Viejo, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Wow. At first, I thought these were 375ml bottles for that price.

How do they stay in business? My distributors charge more than that for each bottle. Maybe they can import directly from Portugal? That license can't be cheap.
Raj Patil

Post by Raj Patil »

Both out of stock now, the power of FTLOP! I need to pull the trigger a lot faster, this is my son's birthyear.