1995 Warre's LBV Port -- ANNOUNCING ALAN C.'s FIRST TN

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

1995 Warre's LBV Port -- ANNOUNCING ALAN C.'s FIRST TN

Post by Roy Hersh »

Ladies & Gents,

Please be aware that we can leave Alan alone and that you need not send me any more emails on this topic. Alan C. has delivered and although his temerity has kept him from posting it, I will do so in his stead.

Congratualtions to Alan C. as from here on end, he can go back to his daily stream of insightful posts and :scholar:
brilliant color commentary on everything related to Port.

Thanks Alan!:clap:

I'm drinking the Warre's Unfiltered 1995 LBV as I type. Thanks to Derek getting me a dozen for £5 each.
I hope its not the fact its a bargain affecting my judgement, but what a marvelous drink. Smooth and rich with a nutty aftertaste.
I've had a run of poor LBV's from reknown Shippers (like Taylors,etc) so its a pleasure to get back on track.

Oh jeez, how many points on the Tom meter?
Last edited by Roy Hersh on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I just checked back and (I think) my first ever TN (anywhere) appeared on this site in December 2005, a full 4 months after I joined the Forum and about 2 years after I started taking a real interest in port.

I am quite sure that others who post here but have not yet braved the world of public domain TN's will not hesitate to begin posting immediately knowing that they will recieve this kind of praise for doing so :roll:

Derek
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Actually Roy, he got one other one in before this one... his contribution to the June Virtual Tasting.
Alan C. wrote:Calem 2002.

Decanted the previous evening.
It was Purple. Deep Purple. It smelt of blackcurrant mixed with an unpleasant stale alcohol.(I'm not trying to be funny Roy, thats all it was!)
It tasted unpleasant. Just about drinkable. It doesn't join the Fonseca 2000 as the only Port I couldn't drink.
Really trying to add a bit to this note, but its just brutal blackcurrant, or strong medicinal alcohol. Nothing inbetween, no mixture, no other sublteties. Its aftertaste was limited, with the alcohol overpowering the fruit.
I'm now as fed up trying to describe this as I was drinking it.
It would have probably got a slightly more sympathic offering if it hadn't been alongside a few of its Older Brothers in their prime,(Dow 77,etc) reminding me that this is hopeless.
Can we move onto July please. :)
Followed up by:
Alan C. wrote:Must let you know....

I'd given up on this Calem, ad was thinking what I could cook with it, when I remembered how some of you had refered to drinking dodgey ones from the fridge.
So I gave it 24 houirs in a very cool fridge. And its nice!!! Amazing. Cant say I'll ever buy another, but its now a pleasant nightcap. :shock:

Alan
Todd
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Memo To all the Lads over this side of the Pond

My,my. An American with a Good Sense of Humour!!! :shock:

Quick, someone get the BlunderBuss and shoot the Bugger before he goes off!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Don't use irony Alan, it confuses them.

Wait for the ticking sound whilst they work out whether that's a bit like 'Steely', check dictionary and then work out where the irony is in Alan's post.
I'm telling you - Port is from Portugal.
Paul David

Post by Paul David »

Since you guys are into Brit Iron(y) check out the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

:wink:
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Paul David wrote:Since you guys are into Brit Iron(y) check out the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

:wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is too funny
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com