August VTR theme suggestion:

This forum is designed to help facilitate virtual tastings.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

August VTR theme suggestion:

Post by Roy Hersh »

20 year Tawny Port

Just about everyone I know owns bottles of 20 year old Tawny as they certainly seem like the sweet spot in value for money and what I've noted of people's taste in Tawny "with an indication of age."

The choice is up to you & Fred, of course!

I just felt that since August is generally a great month for slightly chilled Tawny Port, what better month to make such a suggestion (which I very rarely do, because Fred and others do such a great job here).
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

I rarely disagree with any members making sound choice in this forum. I don't think I own one at the moment, I drink them too fast, but I will get one. Still I need to buy one lagrima, I'm slacking this month.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

I support the idea of a 20 year old Tawny. I know exactly which one will be my target if this is our final target for August: the Fonseca 20 year old, which I have seen and wanted to try on numerous occasions, but have not taken the plunge on, perhaps because I feel it is too expensive (around $45-50 Cdn IIRC for a half bottle. I think they are taking advantage of the name of Fonseca to charge more than a 20 year old Tanwy should cost for a half bottle) :x

Todd
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Sounds good to me...i just picked up a 20 yr Krohns last night. Saw it on the shelf and I've never had it, so it will be perfect for the VT.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Lars F

Post by Lars F »

Hi Andy

The 20 yr Krohn got the best rating in a 20 yr tasting I saw in a magazine recently. I've tried it myself, and think it's great, so enjoy.
Scott Anaya

Post by Scott Anaya »

Great...I have been drinking alot of Taylor 20 this summer as I picked them up for a steal at auction. I recently traded a Taylor 20 for a Sandeman 20 since I haven't yet had the Sandeman. Can I wait 5 days for August is the question :shock:
Scott Anaya
John Danza
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States of America - USA

Post by John Danza »

I love the idea as well, since I just picked up a 20-year Graham.

John
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Frederick,

This is YOUR Forum and I was just making a suggestion. Before others go out and buy bottles of 20 year old Tawny Port, have you "blessed" this as the theme for August?

You da boss here!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Ok I give my blessing for a 20 yo Tawny theme 8--)

Can I get the administrative rights on MY forum part now :lol: :lol: :joker:
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Frederick Blais wrote:Ok I give my blessing for a 20 yo Tawny theme 8--)

Can I get the administrative rights on MY forum part now :lol: :lol: :joker:
Only if we get some good pictures :wink: :lol: :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Jane R
Location: Tiverton, Massachusetts, United States of America - USA

Post by Jane R »

Just to let you know that I am going to join in this tasting, with a Delaforce 20-yr-old that I bought for $29.99. I will be away for a bit so will not open until I return, middle of next week; will post in the tasting area then.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Jane R wrote:Just to let you know that I am going to join in this tasting, with a Delaforce 20-yr-old that I bought for $29.99. I will be away for a bit so will not open until I return, middle of next week; will post in the tasting area then.
Jane,
Very cool. Look forward to yours and others TN's.