Cocaine Port

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

John M.

Cocaine Port

Post by John M. »

http://imgur.com/f5H0iNG

What do you think of this??
Any Port in a storm!
Christian Gollnick

Re: Cocaine Port

Post by Christian Gollnick »

I think that's okay. The Port Trade has to find new markets. It's something like the Pink Ports. Something new and exciting to attract new consumers to Port. I see nothing wrong with that. For me it's really cool because I'm more a Tawny drinker than a Ruby fanatic. The question is of course for how long can you store those bottles. Do they come with a T-stopper or a driven cork? Does the Port Wine-Institute need to approve them? If so, what is it that the tasters are looking for in this type of Port?
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

There's like an 8 ball of coke in every bottle... "That's not VA making your teeth numb..."
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

I think this is exactly what gives Port a bad name. The knockoff ports that are back sweetened and only contain a bit of grapes. Now, if you just added the cocaine in dry form, like adding sulphur compounds or fining agents, that's one thing, to adulterate good wine with a ton of syrup just to make it sweet it really disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
-Brad

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Talk about packing a punch and making all the pain go away :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Perhaps the next offline should focus on a theme of cocaine ports, just to see if the category should have greater traction than it currently does, haha.

-Brad

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Bradley Bogdan wrote:Perhaps the next offline should focus on a theme of cocaine ports, just to see if the category should have greater traction than it currently does, haha.

I will watch..rather like my job and would to keep it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com