Dow's Quinta do Bomfim visitor center has opened

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Dow's Quinta do Bomfim visitor center has opened

Post by Andy Velebil »

In Pinhao, right at the bridge in the heart of the city. Smart move to have something walking distance from the train station.
The Symington family’s Quinta do Bomfim Lagar Winery and Visitor Centre is now open in Pinhão, in the heart of the Douro Valley. Still a working quinta, visitors can learn about the history of the Symington family, the Douro, and Port production in the region before tasting some of the fine wines produced at the property.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Christian Gollnick

Re: Dow's Quinta do Bomfim visitor center has opened

Post by Christian Gollnick »

Thanks for sharing this, Andy.

This is fantastic news. Like everything that the Symingtons have done lately (Graham's 1890 Lodge, Cockburn Loge) I'm sure that this Quinta will also be an amazing experience. I really thank this family for all the money that they put into the Port trade infrastructure (especially considering the economic situation in Portugal - they seem to be real optimists...). Everything looks nice and elegant.

There is a very interesting article on the web-page of The Drinks Business:
http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2015/0 ... -tourists/

I'm amazed that I totally missed that they are building a tunnel under the Serra do Marão - this will really help to reach Regua and Pinhão much faster. However, I just love to fight my way through the winding roads of the Marão - it's such a magic moment when then suddenly the Douro Valley opens up.

I'm sure that Quinta do Bomfim will now become one of the most famous places in the Douro - and I can't wait to visit it... [cheers.gif]
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Dow's Quinta do Bomfim visitor center has opened

Post by David Spriggs »

Wow... great news! I love that property... and the wine is pretty good too [foilhat.gif] [cheers.gif]