November VT suggestions?

This forum is designed to help facilitate virtual tastings.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Todd Pettinger

November VT suggestions?

Post by Todd Pettinger »

It would be unfair of me to suggest a year or a particular bottling of Port that I know will be served at an upcoming Port Tasting, hosted by Roy at a local wine shop, so I will leave it to anyone else that may want to make a suggestion.

However, if I could throw my two cents in the ring about what would be great to see: Everybody tries a bottle of the same Port (VP preferably) by one Producer, from one year. I realize that availability may be difficult for some (me!) but if we can pick a bottle that is not too old and not too expensive, from a major label, we may be able to get a decent sampling of different folks who can try one out.

What do the rest of you think? Fred?

Todd
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Todd, I do think to ask for 1 precise bottle might be hard to achieve for everyone. In the past we did a theme on a specific producer though(it was taylor) and I think this is an idea to come back to this.

How about drinking a Vintage from Graham. I think it is a widely available brand and it would let the chance for everyone to jump in with the bottle they what according to their budget. This way we can get a wide range of tasting notes from the Graham's product.

What do you think?
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Gary Banker
Location: Shirley, Massachusetts, United States of America - USA

Post by Gary Banker »

Graham's sounds like a good choice. I have some 1991s and have never found a reason to open one.

Gary
Kris Henderson
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Kris Henderson »

Graham's works for me. I have 1985 and 1994.
Rich Greenberg
Location: Redwood City, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Rich Greenberg »

I could do this, too. I'm pretty sure I have an '83 Graham.....

Maybe we could try and have a simultaneous virtual tasting where we all try to taste at the same time and post thoughts. Might get difficult by time zones, but perhaps we could group folks up by Pacific, Central, East, London?

Ok, perhaps the logistics there are too tough.

I will try to set aside a night to be able to sit with this wine over a period of time.

Fun. My first VT! :)

R