The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Michael T

Re: The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

Post by Michael T »

Post deleted by OP.
Last edited by Michael T on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

I live in Massachusetts, where most folks won't ship to. Is it possible to check ahead of time with the seller to get a list of states they can ship to? (In order to consider my options before the official ordering window opens). Or is it preferred to wait and ask this when sending my initial order email?

Cheers!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Mike K.

Please email me: [email protected]

Thanks!

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Post deleted by OP.
Last edited by Michael T on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

deleted, no longer pertinent
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

The answer was yes, the producer will ship to Massachusetts, as long as it is a private residence and not a retail operator. But I responded immediately to Michael's email on this topic, just sharing the response, so that Moses or others can order too. Even others from Toronto/Montreal, Canada might be able to order this way, if they have friends in MA. [d_training.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Today begins one of the greatest values in Vintage Port that has ever been offered through the Buying Ops in the newsletter over the years.

I hope you are going to enjoy this one, because I can promise there will never be VPs offered at a price like this ever again!

Even buying a case of any of these, would pay for a year or more of your subscription. That is a no-brainer. This is the 3rd consecutive issue with a buying op and there will absolutely be one more before the end of 2016 with two newsletters still to come.
Paul C. Metman

Post by Paul C. Metman »

Roy Hersh wrote:Today begins one of the greatest values in Vintage Port that has ever been offered through the Buying Ops in the newsletter over the years.

I hope you are going to enjoy this one, because I can promise there will never be VPs offered at a price like this ever again!

Even buying a case of any of these, would pay for a year or more of your subscription. That is a no-brainer. This is the 3rd consecutive issue with a buying op and there will absolutely be one more before the end of 2016 with two newsletters still to come.
Hi Roy,

...."and there will absolutely be one more before the end of 2016 with two newsletters still to come."
Also for the non-USA members please? :wink:
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Got my email order sent in :)
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Paul,

As much as I would love to spread the thanks to our subscribers outside of the USA, I have no influence with agents and importers in other countries. There have only been three buyer's ops that have been open to other countries or in one case just the UK and Canada. So while I'd be thrilled to say that was going to happen again; this next offering will only work with a US importer, as it will stretch over several Port shippers. The barriers to making this work in NL or Denmark or Norway where there are lots of subscribers, (just to name 3 countries with lots of FTLOPers) are substantial. I am truly sorry, but I am rarely able to make these offerings available overseas. [help.gif]
Paul C. Metman

Post by Paul C. Metman »

Roy Hersh wrote:Paul,

As much as I would love to spread the thanks to our subscribers outside of the USA, I have no influence with agents and importers in other countries. There have only been three buyer's ops that have been open to other countries or in one case just the UK and Canada. So while I'd be thrilled to say that was going to happen again; this next offering will only work with a US importer, as it will stretch over several Port shippers. The barriers to making this work in NL or Denmark or Norway where there are lots of subscribers, (just to name 3 countries with lots of FTLOPers) are substantial. I am truly sorry, but I am rarely able to make these offerings available overseas. [help.gif]
Hi Roy,

OK, point taken! Happy enough the San Leonardo buying op. was open to "us"! [cheers.gif]
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Paul C. Metman wrote:OK, point taken! Happy enough the San Leonardo buying op. was open to "us"! [cheers.gif]
Tastes differ, and all the opportunities are pretty good; but IMHO the S. Leonardo was the best. I wish I could have bought more.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Eric Menchen wrote:
Paul C. Metman wrote:OK, point taken! Happy enough the San Leonardo buying op. was open to "us"! [cheers.gif]
Tastes differ, and all the opportunities are pretty good; but IMHO the S. Leonardo was the best. I wish I could have bought more.
+1000

Hit me at an awkward time to be buying cases of Port, so I limited myself to "only" 2 cases total. At a better time, I'd have bought 2 cases of just the "60".
Glenn Elliott
John M.

Post by John M. »

I do love and appreciate them all and since a member have only passed once (due to finances, not desire). Further, I have never been disappointed with the ports purchased--not a bottle. The San Leonardo was memorable and wish I had a lot more.
Any Port in a storm!
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Roy Hersh wrote:The answer was yes, the producer will ship to Massachusetts, as long as it is a private residence and not a retail operator. But I responded immediately to Michael's email on this topic, just sharing the response, so that Moses or others can order too. Even others from Toronto/Montreal, Canada might be able to order this way, if they have friends in MA. [d_training.gif]
I ordered the last time from them and all went well; shipping to MA. Still have vintages from that original offer and did not go for it this time around. They are great people to deal with on the phone.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
John M.

Post by John M. »

Moses Botbol wrote:
Roy Hersh wrote:The answer was yes, the producer will ship to Massachusetts, as long as it is a private residence and not a retail operator. But I responded immediately to Michael's email on this topic, just sharing the response, so that Moses or others can order too. Even others from Toronto/Montreal, Canada might be able to order this way, if they have friends in MA. [d_training.gif]
I ordered the last time from them and all went well; shipping to MA. Still have vintages from that original offer and did not go for it this time around. They are great people to deal with on the phone.
I've got some left from the last one too, but did take a little--hard to pass up at that price and its nice to drink.
Any Port in a storm!
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

John M. wrote:
I've got some left from the last one too, but did take a little--hard to pass up at that price and its nice to drink.
Nearly all my port drinking is colheita or tawny, so at that price point I thought colheita or tawny is a better buy for me. The Kopke offer I went heavy on and am still enjoying very much. Vintage is for when friends come over... :winepour:
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Gary Richardson
Location: Clarksville, Maryland, United States of America - USA

Post by Gary Richardson »

Sent an email to place my order, today.
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Glenn E. wrote:
Eric Menchen wrote:
+1000

Hit me at an awkward time to be buying cases of Port, so I limited myself to "only" 2 cases total. At a better time, I'd have bought 2 cases of just the "60".
Would that be because you're running out of space at home to put the next storage cabinet? I problem I am only too familiar with. I'm desperately trying to end up with fewer bottles at the end of the year than I started with -and failing dismally.
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

I sent an e-mail Monday morning, but haven't heard back. Have others received a response yet?