The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

jeff t.

Re: The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

Post by jeff t. »

Has anybody heard yet from Chrissa Imports who was taking over the Souza Port shipping for the buying opportunity?
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

No. I kinda forgot since we've been so unseasonably hot still I haven't had anything shipped. Today it finally started cooling a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

82 today, snow tomorrow! The shipping window can be very small where I live.
cliburn
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States of America - USA

Post by cliburn »

Have not heard from them either...
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I am on it!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I was alerted to the ongoing issue of non-delivery by another FTLOPer. While Manuel Garcia had been extremely ill, he was flown back to PT so that his medical emergency could be dealt with back home, he remains in somewhat poor health but is slowly recovering. That being said, he is back in CA and is trying to guide the Souza Port buyers op to fruition and then will return to Portugal for good.

Manuel had his wines stored at a temperature controlled wine warehouse in San Jose. Another company, Chrissa Imports, (based in So. SF) has been waiting for the transfer of the Ports to their company from the San Jose warehouse (which can't be all that far away).

Some details re: not having the requisite packaging/shipping materials were not conveyed to me and were learned this week, but that is not an excuse, just an explanation. As one particular FTLOP buyer let me know about the ongoing delay, I've been doing my very best to get through the layers to find out exactly what is going on. I did not even know about the 3 separate companies involved, just Garcia and Chrissa. Last time that Souza Ports were offered, this went 99% smoothly. So, while I am totally embarrassed by how long this is taking, I can tell you this:

The shipping inserts and cartons were finally delivered, all Ports were also transfered this week to Chrissa. Weather is no longer an issue and shipping will happen as soon as CC information is received. It is Chrissa Imports that will do the shipping and obtain the credit card information, the owner there is doing Mr. Garcia a favor and packing, shipping and contacting our users. It is taking way longer than expected, as Manuel was to do all of this himself. So while this has turned into a "challenging situation" it is being resolved and your Port orders that Mr. Garcia confirmed late Oct. will be forthcoming once Chrissa Imports reaches out to each individual in order to handle the financial part of the transaction.

Having done my best to keep abreast of the convoluted process, this info is as recent as this morning. My sincere apology for this protracted delay! :scholar:

:beat: <------ Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bob Marshall

Post by Bob Marshall »

Thanks Roy for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear Mr. Garcia's health has been so bad lately. I appreciate you letting me know the status of our orders.
Respectfully,
Bob Marshall
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Most unfortunately, it has been for months, Bob.

That said, I've asked to be apprised of when the calls to buyers, will begin. As soon as I have definitive info I will revert, here. Hopefully even before I get word of it, the calls will start to take place after the weekend. [beg.gif]
cliburn
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States of America - USA

Post by cliburn »

Roy Hersh wrote:Most unfortunately, it has been for months, Bob.

That said, I've asked to be apprised of when the calls to buyers, will begin. As soon as I have definitive info I will revert, here. Hopefully even before I get word of it, the calls will start to take place after the weekend. [beg.gif]
Thanks Roy.... sorry to hear of all the issues.
jeff t.

Post by jeff t. »

I have also not yet received a call.

Jeff T.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Jeff T., as far as I can see, you are not a current subscriber. Email me to discuss further: [email protected]

I have been in touch every day for weeks. Here was an email I received 75 minutes ago:

I have brought in Corey Takagi, cced, to forge ahead and complete the project. He had other commitments earlier in the week but is setting all the customers up in our system today. He is about 7/8 done with that process. The rest of the day today and then Monday and Tuesday he will be figuring UPS charges, contacting customers, charging credit cards, labeling boxes, and shipping.
jeff t.

Post by jeff t. »

I have been an active subscriber for 2 years and have participated in previous buys as well as in other correspondence.This is not the first time that this problem has come up.Please rectify whatever records are necessary to try to eliminate this as a future repetitive problem.I have sent an email also.

Jeff t.
Gary Richardson
Location: Clarksville, Maryland, United States of America - USA

Post by Gary Richardson »

I got my call, today, to confirm payment and delivery. And, within seconds, I got my UPS delivery notification. According to UPS, I should have my Port next Wednesday.

Thanks again, Roy, for pulling this together. I realize that there were some challenges in pushing this across the finish line, but I never doubted your resolve in getting it done. Even if it hadn't come together in the end, I would have attributed it to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances. That is sometimes the hand that life deals us. I will toast you and all the valuable buying opportunities with the first bottle I open. Keep 'em coming!

Best regards ... Gary
John M.

Post by John M. »

Gary Richardson wrote:I got my call, today, to confirm payment and delivery. And, within seconds, I got my UPS delivery notification. According to UPS, I should have my Port next Wednesday.

Thanks again, Roy, for pulling this together. I realize that there were some challenges in pushing this across the finish line, but I never doubted your resolve in getting it done. Even if it hadn't come together in the end, I would have attributed it to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances. That is sometimes the hand that life deals us. I will toast you and all the valuable buying opportunities with the first bottle I open. Keep 'em coming!

Best regards ... Gary
Me Too--easy and pleasant transaction! and a HUGE +1 on your sentiments, Gary. I was not upset and if it had not worked out I would have been fine (plus I know if it fell apart Roy would make it right some other way with another op). Cheers!
Any Port in a storm!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thank you John and Gary.

At this point, everyone should have heard from Chrissa folks and had their CC info taken and learned about shipping dates.

I am most pleased this one is in the rear view mirror.

Yes, I am already negotiating the next great one. 10 wines ... half Port, more news when things are finalized in a few weeks.

Roy
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Roy Hersh wrote:Thank you John and Gary.

At this point, everyone should have heard from Chrissa folks and had their CC info taken and learned about shipping dates.

I am most pleased this one is in the rear view mirror.

Yes, I am already negotiating the next great one. 10 wine ... half Port, more news when things are finalized in a few weeks.

Roy
I was driving when Cory called and I had to call back. So far no one answers the phone or has returned my message. Can you please send them a note to do so. Thanks :)
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John M.

Post by John M. »

My Souza's have shipped!!
Any Port in a storm!
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Andy Velebil wrote:I was driving when Cory called and I had to call back. So far no one answers the phone or has returned my message. Can you please send them a note to do so. Thanks :)
I still haven't received my call, either, but I have received 4 calls from 3 different area code 510 numbers that might (or might not) be them. I never answer the phone if the number isn't in my contacts, but whoever is calling isn't leaving a message. I did try to call one of the numbers back (the one that called twice), but it instantly answered with something like "no one is available to take your call right now" so I didn't keep trying.

Could someone please tell them to leave a message with a callback number? Either that or email me with a time that they will be calling so that I know to answer the phone?
Glenn Elliott
GS Irving

Post by GS Irving »

I'd like to thank Roy for organizing this Port Buy. While the process wasn't perfect (I hope Manuel feels better soon) it's all good. 10 cases of Port with free shipping and 10% off the total cost! The minor bumps along the way greatly outweigh the fantastic deal that will be delivered.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Glenn E. wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:I was driving when Cory called and I had to call back. So far no one answers the phone or has returned my message. Can you please send them a note to do so. Thanks :)
I still haven't received my call, either, but I have received 4 calls from 3 different area code 510 numbers that might (or might not) be them. I never answer the phone if the number isn't in my contacts, but whoever is calling isn't leaving a message. I did try to call one of the numbers back (the one that called twice), but it instantly answered with something like "no one is available to take your call right now" so I didn't keep trying.

Could someone please tell them to leave a message with a callback number? Either that or email me with a time that they will be calling so that I know to answer the phone?
No it's a 650 area code they are calling from. That's probably a spammer/robo call.