Wines of Portugal in BOSTON on May 31, 2016, by Viniportugal.

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Mario Ferreira

Wines of Portugal in BOSTON on May 31, 2016, by Viniportugal.

Post by Mario Ferreira »

Wines of Portugal Producer Showcase 2016 in Boston on Tuesday, May 31, 2016.

Boston Harbor Hotel
70 Rowes Wharf
Boston, MA 02110

From 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (EDT)

Grand Tasting with more than 180 wines to be tasted
----------------
Registration here > http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wines-of-po ... 4793350579
Mario Ferreira

Re: Wines of Portugal in BOSTON on May 31, 2016, by Viniportugal.

Post by Mario Ferreira »

Wines of Portugal cordially invites you to the Producer Showcase in Boston on Tuesday, May 31st! Experience and discover the range of Portugal's wines, from the dry reds of Bairrada to the delicious whites from Vinho Verde, and from historied cuvees of the Setúbal-Palmela and Lisbon regions to the progressive offerings from the Douro.

Challenge your senses as you progress from table to table, sampling an array of wines paired with a selection of light appetizers. Come taste over 180 Portuguese wines in this unique Producer Showcase to learn how much the country has to offer! RSVP now at portugalbos.eventbrite.com

This is the registration page for the Consumer Grand Tasting held from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Tickets are only valid on the date of the event as listed and will not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates. No refunds will be given for unused tickets.

----------------------
Registration here > http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wines-of-po ... 4793350579
Moses Botbol

Re: Wines of Portugal in BOSTON on May 31, 2016, by Viniportugal.

Post by Moses Botbol »

Elys and I went last night. I did not find this year to be as good as last years. There were fewer tables, smaller room and a lot of people. Seemed like we were fighting to get at each table. Many new to me brands from several regions of Portugal. Not much port was being offered. Highlight for me was the selection of wines from Donna Maria; they whole line up is just wow! Some of them aren't cheap though. Shame as several wines being promoted did not have distribution in MA and the other brands were near household names that I have tried/bought several times.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars