1970 Taylor -- Oporto btl.

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

John Vachon

1970 Taylor -- Oporto btl.

Post by John Vachon »

surprise-no capsule how?-must have removed but why?-a leaker

Nose: very fine-great-deep

Body: full

Taste: great-full-complex-mature

Aftetaste: good-deep

19/20

My favorite drinking port-may have never had a off one.
Mahmoud Ali

Re: 1970 Taylor Oporto btl.

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

John,

I have a friend who used to take the capsule off all his ports and wipe the top. The idea behind this was to keep the corks clean and prevent any mold building up under the capsule.

Mahmoud.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: 1970 Taylor Oporto btl.

Post by Roy Hersh »

I've had a ton of these and recently opened a bottle for good friend's attending a dinner at our home. It is not new to anyone who reads FTLOP, that I named my daughter after this specific VP. At 2 years and 4 months of age, she decanted her namesake Port as the first ever Vintage Port that she decanted without any help. The proof is in the picture on the left, on the last page of the FTLOP newsletter. The one on the bottom right, she was 10 years old. Anyway, this Port when it shows at its best, is incredible. It is in its prime and in no rush to be consumed, but at 46 years of age, it is not getting any better from here. More complex? That goes bottle by bottle. I've had some great showings in recent years and bottles which were clearly not stored well. So buyer beware; as bottle variation is based on provenance more than any other factor! :scholar:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com