Looking to try a new restaurant in Porto or Douro

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Looking to try a new restaurant in Porto or Douro

Post by Roy Hersh »

Any names to share of NEW restaurants that have opened in the last few months beyond O Gaveto which was totally revamped? In Douro too, please.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Re: Looking to try a new restaurant in Porto or Douro

Post by Frederick Blais »

Not new, but in Porto if you have not tried Aurora, I really enjoyed last time I was there.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Frederick Blais wrote:Not new, but in Porto if you have not tried Aurora, I really enjoyed last time I was there.
Never heard of it, so thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

The food at Aurora looks tasty. I've marked that one on my map.

Has anyone here been to MUU Steakhouse? It's #1 on TripAdvisor right now, but I had never heard of it. Glitch in ratings, or worthwhile?
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

At Aurora, ask for David if he is there, it was the waiter I had, 1,5 years ago. Passionnate and enthusiast, it was really fun to pass an evening with him. I was not supposed to drink and he was like, try this, try that... they make their own "arguadente" flavoured with different herbs and fruit, looks bad but tastes good! I sent some friends, they did not have the same waiter but they enjoyed the food.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company