Portuguese restaraunt in Pittsburgh, PA

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Scheiny S

Portuguese restaraunt in Pittsburgh, PA

Post by Scheiny S »

i don't know anything about Portuguese food. this breakfast/lunch spot just opened. can anyone give me opinions based on their website/social media?

https://azoreancafe.com/
Eric Menchen

Re: Portuguese restaraunt in Pittsburgh, PA

Post by Eric Menchen »

No reviews on TripAdvisor yet. The Yelp reviews looked reasonable and legit. I'd give it a try if I lived close by in Pittsburgh. I don't know the finer distinctions of Azores vs. mainland Portuguese food, but they have polvo! Mmmmm, octopus. And now that I look at their website, I see the Bolo Levado. I think I had one of those in Porto from a food truck run by two people that I think were from the Azores.
Moses Botbol

Re: Portuguese restaraunt in Pittsburgh, PA

Post by Moses Botbol »

Eric Menchen wrote:No reviews on TripAdvisor yet. The Yelp reviews looked reasonable and legit. I'd give it a try if I lived close by in Pittsburgh. I don't know the finer distinctions of Azores vs. mainland Portuguese food, but they have polvo!
In my locale, there are more people from the Azores than live in the Azores. One big difference is in how they make Kale Soup. In Azores the Kale is pronounced like it is a regular Kale and bean soup. I am told the favish is done different as well.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars