Taylor Fladgate First Estate Ruby Reserve

This section is for those who have basics questions about, or are new to, Port. There are no "dumb" questions here - just those wanting to learn more!

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

John M.

Taylor Fladgate First Estate Ruby Reserve

Post by John M. »

The High Bridge Port Club wants to revisit the Ruby Reserve Taste Off, the event several groups did a number of years ago. The big surprise of that endeavor was the Taylor, which showed very well for all the groups and we consider it the WOTE(event). Well, for this version we have some old familiar and some new ones but I cannot find the Taylor anywhere here in NJ...even those who "have it" on their websites, do not. Surprising as it used to be everywhere.

There are more alternatives, but we really wanted the Taylor to face the competition.
Any Port in a storm!
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: Taylor Fladgate First Estate Ruby Reserve

Post by Glenn E. »

That's odd... you'd think that Taylor would have the First Estate everywhere, as it's a "bulk" wine. I'd look again in a couple of weeks... they might just be out at the moment?
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Contact their importer Kobrand and ask where it’s available. I’m sure they can point you in the right direction.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

It's such a good port; it's sold out in NJ!
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

In the last tasting, our group didn't find it to be the best, because I couldn't find it. I've seen it since, but understand your situation.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

As I recall, during the first Ruby Reserve Taste-Off the Taylor First Estate won every tasting that included it. Which is pretty impressive, and surprised pretty much everyone since the tastings were mostly fairly large and done blind. I don't remember for sure how many included it, though... seems like maybe 3 of 5 total tastings?
Glenn Elliott
John M.

Post by John M. »

Glenn E. wrote:That's odd... you'd think that Taylor would have the First Estate everywhere, as it's a "bulk" wine. I'd look again in a couple of weeks... they might just be out at the moment?
Been looking for 5-6 weeks. Did not really do anything proactive because it was always easy to find.
Any Port in a storm!
John M.

Post by John M. »

Andy Velebil wrote:Contact their importer Kobrand and ask where it’s available. I’m sure they can point you in the right direction.
Great suggestion--THANKS. I did call, left a message and today got a return call. They gave me a list of B&Ms within a reasonable distance that should have it!
Any Port in a storm!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

John M. wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:Contact their importer Kobrand and ask where it’s available. I’m sure they can point you in the right direction.
Great suggestion--THANKS. I did call, left a message and today got a return call. They gave me a list of B&Ms within a reasonable distance that should have it!
Excellent. Hope you can pick up a bottle
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com