FTLOP 14th Anniversary Tasting

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Al B.

Re: FTLOP 14th Anniversary Tasting

Post by Al B. »

Enjoy the tasting guys. And do us a favour, post plenty of pictures on FTLOP / FB / Instagram / Twitter so those of us who can't be with you can share the joy.
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Steve and Bradley,
I'm on a plane inbound to Seattle now and will update you if I can make it to Bellevue in time...

Not going to happen. Took too long to get to other airport and rental car. See you tomorrow.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Eric Menchen wrote:Steve and Bradley,
I'm on a plane inbound to Seattle now and will update you if I can make it to Bellevue in time...

Not going to happen. Took too long to get to other airport and rental car. See you tomorrow.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Bummer, we’ll see you tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Brad

Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to all that helped to make the event this weekend both possible and highly enjoyable. There was an embarrassment of riches in terms of delicious, unique, and old bottlings, as well as great company to enjoy them with. I know it took many hands, but I want to give special thanks to Roy and Glenn, as this certainly wouldn't have happened without FTLOP or an intense planning/logistics effort. Bravo, and thanks!
-Brad

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Bradley Bogdan wrote:I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to all that helped to make the event this weekend both possible and highly enjoyable. There was an embarrassment of riches in terms of delicious, unique, and old bottlings, as well as great company to enjoy them with. I know it took many hands, but I want to give special thanks to Roy and Glenn, as this certainly wouldn't have happened without FTLOP or an intense planning/logistics effort. Bravo, and thanks!
A huge +1. Glenn pulled this off wonderfully (we won't talk about the glasses or... :evil: ) Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

Andy Velebil wrote:
Bradley Bogdan wrote:I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to all that helped to make the event this weekend both possible and highly enjoyable. There was an embarrassment of riches in terms of delicious, unique, and old bottlings, as well as great company to enjoy them with. I know it took many hands, but I want to give special thanks to Roy and Glenn, as this certainly wouldn't have happened without FTLOP or an intense planning/logistics effort. Bravo, and thanks!
A huge +1. Glenn pulled this off wonderfully (we won't talk about the glasses or... :evil: ) Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend.
Agree 100%. Thanks to all for sharing such wonderful wines, and especially to Glenn and Roy for organizing. [friends.gif] [cheers.gif]
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Steve Pollack wrote:Agree 100%. Thanks to all for sharing such wonderful wines, and especially to Glenn and Roy for organizing. [friends.gif] [cheers.gif]
What he said! :thumbsup:

Oh, and I thought the venue worked out just fine with nice views, a comfortable room, and staff that responded to our needs. I'd be happy to go there again.
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Al B. wrote:Enjoy the tasting guys. And do us a favour, post plenty of pictures on FTLOP / FB / Instagram / Twitter so those of us who can't be with you can share the joy.
I didn't take lots of photos, but here are a few.
ftlop_14_1.jpg
ftlop_14_1.jpg (85.68 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
ftlop_14_2.jpg
ftlop_14_2.jpg (84.95 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
ftlop_14_3.jpg
ftlop_14_3.jpg (66.95 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

And there were wines to be had with dinner.
ftlop_14_4.jpg
ftlop_14_4.jpg (38.57 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
ftlop_14_5.jpg
ftlop_14_5.jpg (61.68 KiB) Viewed 3421 times