Offline in the Los Angeles area January 10-11, 2020

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Offline in the Los Angeles area January 10-11, 2020

Post by David Spriggs »

Thank Andy! It was an awesome two days of tasting. Really interesting wines. I loved the venue! We should definitely do it again!
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

Thanks Andy!
Food, wine, and company were all fabulous! [cheers.gif]
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

Thanks for organizing and hosting, Andy! I know it's a lot of work, but it's greatly appreciated. Fun weekend!! [cheers.gif] [friends.gif]
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

You're welcome. And thank you guys for taking time out of your weekend to travel out for this and for bringing some great Ports and wines (and beer). Without you all this couldn't happen.

If everyone liked the Club we can do it again whenever you'd like. Even smaller events/gatherings are fine.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Thanks Andy, it was another great event as usual!

We really do need to do more tastings at the club, that was a great venue. I'm ready when you are! :lol:
Glenn Elliott
Marc R

Post by Marc R »

As has been the case frequently over the past several months, I've been finding myself reflecting quite a bit lately. I would have never guessed fewer than 2 weeks into the year, that one of the true highlights would have already come and passed. Yet, upon evaluation, the LA area port tasting really was as good as 2020 has been. I had a fantastic time rekindling past friendships, while launching new ones. All the while, enjoying fantastic food and even better wines (both the ports and the dinner wines).

Thank you again Andy for pulling it together, and to all of you who participated and contributing to making it wonderful (and delicious).

While there are certainly a LOT of things I miss this year, and yearn for in the not-too-distant future, connecting with friends and colleagues is at the top of the list. Add rare and amazing wines to it and it's really what I can't wait to revisit. I"m hopeful that we can soon return to some form of group tastings (port, or even more preferable for my tastes, Madeira..) . I can't wait to share with, and learn from, you. Let's plan to get together as soon as it's safe and reasonable. I already have my wines picked out.

Cheers everyone!!! [cheers.gif]
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Yes! An awesome tasting. Great memories!
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

As soon as the pandemic clears and we can again meet safely I’ll plan another one. You guys made it epic fun.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Andy Velebil wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:37 pm As soon as the pandemic clears and we can again meet safely I’ll plan another one. You guys made it epic fun.
I'm in! :lol:
Glenn Elliott
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

ME TOO!
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

Me three! [cheers.gif] [friends.gif]
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Keep a space for me! I'll have more chance to travel to LA in the future - but might need to bring my better half with me too.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Al B. wrote:Keep a space for me! I'll have more chance to travel to LA in the future - but might need to bring my better half with me too.
Will do, she’s always welcomed.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I would've said add me too, please, but with the chance that AL B. might actually appear in the USA again, I'll definitely fly down for this. I have not consumed any Port with Alex in at least three or four years at this point. I believe the last time was at O'Paparico, with a few friends. [cheers.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I would've said add me too, please, but with the chance that AL B. might actually appear in the USA again, I'll definitely fly down for this. I have not consumed any Port with Alex in at least three or four years at this point. I believe the last time was at O'Paparico, with a few friends. [cheers.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

As soon as we’re allowed to safely get together I’ll work on getting another one set up.
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

And hopefully by the time we can all get together again, I’ll actually be allowed to visit the US!