1985 Fonseca for a good price.

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Mike J. W.

1985 Fonseca for a good price.

Post by Mike J. W. »

I just came across a website based in Long Island called Blacksmith Fine Wines that has 11 bottles of Fonseca 1985 going for $75 / bottle. They claim to have worldwide delivery. Never used them before, but they say they have worldwide delivery. The website is: blacksmithfinewines.com
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1985 Fonseca for a good price.

Post by Andy Velebil »

Never done business with them, looking online they have very mixed reviews.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

It always makes me nervous when prices are lower than the norm.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Mike J. W. wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:39 pm It always makes me nervous when prices are lower than the norm.
Me too.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Anything under $90 in the US for Fonseca '85 is good. What is international shipping, $100 a case?
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Moses Botbol wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 pm Anything under $90 in the US for Fonseca '85 is good. What is international shipping, $100 a case?
Depends on many variables, but I'd say it's closer to $150 for slow boat and can be as high as $250 for air freight from the EU to the West coast. No doubt it would be less expensive to the East coast. You can also usually get better rates in larger quantities. I'm about to ship (air freight) 3-4 cases back from London and will probably end up at about $19/bottle to my door.
Glenn Elliott