Port Tasting at Wine Expressions in Lisle - Illinois [USA]

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Mario Ferreira

Port Tasting at Wine Expressions in Lisle - Illinois [USA]

Post by Mario Ferreira »

Port Tasting at Wine Expressions in Lisle (November 29)

Hey all port lovers and newbies - see a selection of vintage ports from the last three vintages, 2000, 2003, 2005. Come to our port tasting on Thursday, November 29 to experience a selection of port wines, including ruby, tawny, and vintage. Attendees will receive a tasting of six port wines, light snacks, and a Riedel port glass. Cost is $40 per person, advance registration required. Tastings will begin at 6 and 7:30 pm, space is limited. Call Wine Expressions: 630-435-9463.

Wine Expressions
1111 Burlington Avenue, Lisle, IL 60532
630-435-9463
http://www.wineexpressions.com
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Sounds like a really fun event for all the Illinois'ers out there.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John Danza
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States of America - USA

Post by John Danza »

Thanks for the tip Mario. That's one town over for me, and I have the evening available. Are you going to be in attendance?

John
Mario Ferreira

Post by Mario Ferreira »

Hi John,

Unfortunately I'm not be around :(

I was informed about this event on an email and decided to post it here to spread the word about this particular Port Wine event

If you make it, please let us know how did it go then.

thanks
MF
PORTugal, One Country, 800 Years of History, 11 Distinct Regions plus Azores and Madeira, and Thousands of Wines :-)
John Danza
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States of America - USA

Post by John Danza »

I took a look at the event and decided not to go. I think that $40 for a tasting of 6 wines is pretty expensive. I really don't care about getting the glass, since I've already got about 100 wine glasses.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Actually, I think that is not a bad deal (given the glass is almost $15 if it is the Riedel Vinum Port glass. But it really depends on what is being poured!

I must be blind because I saw no mention of the specifics about the six Ports that will be tasted.

Does anybody know what they are?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com