FTLOP online - Sunday 31 May 2020 at noon PST

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Al B.

FTLOP online - Sunday 31 May 2020 at noon PST

Post by Al B. »

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it on FaceBook, Roy and Stewart are hosting a live Zoom discussion on Port on Sunday 31st May at 8pm.

If you need the Zoom link, you can find it on the FTLOP FaceBook post using this link (look for the post about the conference).
Mike J. W.

Re: FTLOP online - Sunday 31 May 2020 at noon PST

Post by Mike J. W. »

The link doesn't work for me and unfortunately I don't have Fecebook.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Hopefully this helps.

Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

Thanks Andy.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

The info you need:

Webinar ID: 951 9634 1614
Password: FTLOPort

8pm GMT / 3pm EDT / Noon PDT
Glenn Elliott
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

Thanks Glenn.
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

That was a nice time! Thank you to everyone who organized and attended. Looking forward to next time.
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

Mike K. wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:17 pm That was a nice time! Thank you to everyone who organized and attended. Looking forward to next time.
I have to agree with Mike (after all, how can a Mike be wrong?), today was a fun time. There were a lot of good Ports being drunk by all of the participants.

For the next one, if the announcement could be made on here as well as Facebook, that would be great. Thanks to all that organized it.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Fun time for sure. Sorry I had to duck out only an hour into it, had a prior engagement. Look forward to the next one.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

It was great to be able to spend an hour in the company of other Port lovers. I look forward to the next one when I can see everyone I'm talking to!

Reminder for Stewart - open more than one 375ml bottle
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

Great fun! Looking forward to the next one!
Paul Fountain

Post by Paul Fountain »

Great Idea, and I would have loved to join but the timezones and a busy work week made it tricky - It would have been 6am Monday morning for me. If you had been a week later I might have made it due to a public holiday :D
John M.

Post by John M. »

Paul Fountain wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:47 am Great Idea, and I would have loved to join but the timezones and a busy work week made it tricky - It would have been 6am Monday morning for me. If you had been a week later I might have made it due to a public holiday :D
I question your Port enthusiasm if you've won't get up to have Port at 6:00 AM on a Monday. [kez_11.gif]

I thoroughly enjoyed the event, and look forward to the next when some of the kinks are worked out. Cheers
Any Port in a storm!