Garrafeira Nacional delivery times to US

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Mike K.

Garrafeira Nacional delivery times to US

Post by Mike K. »

For folks who have ordered wine from Garrafeira Nacional in Lisbon - what has been your average delivery time to the U.S.?

I have a current order (my first from them) that has been in transit for over a month. The tracking# shows it leaving Portugal, and that's about it.
During the same time period I ordered from another shop in Lisbon (who I order from a couple times a year) and it arrived in the usual 3 days.

Just looking to gauge what is normal with GN.

Thanks!
Eric Menchen

Re: Garrafeira Nacional delivery times to US

Post by Eric Menchen »

Mike K. wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:00 amDuring the same time period I ordered from another shop in Lisbon (who I order from a couple times a year) and it arrived in the usual 3 days.
I've done all my shopping at GN in person, so I don't know about their shipping. Care to share what the other shop is that ships to you?
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

Eric Menchen wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:15 pm
Mike K. wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:00 amDuring the same time period I ordered from another shop in Lisbon (who I order from a couple times a year) and it arrived in the usual 3 days.
I've done all my shopping at GN in person, so I don't know about their shipping. Care to share what the other shop is that ships to you?
I've shopped at the GN in person as well, but this is the first time I've ordered by mail.

I give most of my business to Napoleão shops Lisbon. Great folks and they definitely have their shipping act together. It takes them a day or two to pack and and ship, and then it's usually 2-3 days to my door in Boston after that. This last time I paid 129.95€ shipping for 18 bottles to the US.
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Mike K. wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:08 pm I give most of my business to Napoleão shops Lisbon. Great folks and they definitely have their shipping act together. It takes them a day or two to pack and and ship, and then it's usually 2-3 days to my door in Boston after that. This last time I paid 129.95€ shipping for 18 bottles to the US.
Thanks for the info. I recognized the website when I found it. Great selection, albeit not easy to navigate; and some reasonable prices, some less so for a bargain hunter such as myself.
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

Eric Menchen wrote: Thanks for the info. I recognized the website when I found it. Great selection, albeit not easy to navigate; and some reasonable prices, some less so for a bargain hunter such as myself.
As with any retailer, you need to know your pricing. Some of their prices are good, some not. They’ve been very helpful in the past about quickly special ordering bottles they don’t have in stock. I appreciate their fast and reasonable shipping.
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

I see that Napoleão carries the Quinta da Pacheca 40 y.o. tawny which I've wanted to try but never found in the States. I've had their 20 y.o. and it's delicious. I imagine the 40 y.o. is very good. I may have to order some.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes