2020 the rest of the year.

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

2020 the rest of the year.

Post by Roy Hersh »

Well, none of us from the USA likely made it to PT this year. Tastings early on ... in January the one that Andy arranged which was spectacular for two back-back dinners and tastings; as well as another in So. CA @ the Bel Air hotel that was in the last newsletter, with a slew of 19th century bottlings that Glenn, Andy, Ayesha and I attended, possibly the greatest single day of Port in our lives and certainly the greatest showing of 19th century bottlings consistently with all 7 that any of us have ever experienced in one sitting.

Since then, NO major Port events, but living close to Glenn, Lisa and Vic, and not that far from Stewart, there have been some fabulous tastings of 2-6 bottles, about 3x per month ... socially distanced.

Anyway, it is a shame we all missed Portugal this year, however, I hope you've had some worthy bottles over the first 3/4 of this challenging poop show of a year.

The newsletter #104 will be out between Sunday night and Tues. but most likely on Monday. Just waiting for one more piece of the puzzle. There are some really fun components in this one. There will be one more newsletter ... #105 at the end of December, always right before NYE. There will also be a pretty advantageous buying opportunity in there for our subscribers. I am trying to work on price and also seeing if there is any way for the same or similar bottlings to be made available in the UK and Denmark. However, in the past, when that painstakingly has been arranged, few people took advantage ... so we'll have to see

I wish we could have done an Anniversary event this year ... but I am really hoping that next year it will be safer to fly and also for a group of us to get together!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com