For the FTLOP Brothas in B.C. - Sale on 2003 QdN and Fonseca

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Blair Curtis

For the FTLOP Brothas in B.C. - Sale on 2003 QdN and Fonseca

Post by Blair Curtis »

Hey,

Was at the Park Royal (West Vancouver) BCLB specialty shop this weekend and they have 2 great 2003 VPs on sale (these are not at the reduced price at Cambie).

2003 Quinta do Noval VP now at CDN $78.24 (previously around $104). 2003 Fonseca VP now at around CDN $98 (previously around $135).

Get 'em while they last!

Cheers,

Blair
Cheers, B.
Mark DaSilva
Location: Mission Viejo, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Hey Blair,

Now that the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US, how does Pt. Roberts or Bellingham look as alternative port destinations?

I'm sure there are deals while you're filling up on gas.

Mark
ex-Lower Mainlander
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Blair,

Good deals! May need you to pick me up a couple of each! ;)

Todd
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Blair,

Thanks for the news on the sale. I can't believe those prices and feel the pain of Canadian FTLOP members in Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver areas. I wish I could offer a great suggestion, but it is clear that the pricing is rigged badly by the government and that fact that anybody can afford Port up there is a testament to you ladies and gents!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Roy
We do the best we can , with the tools we got .
Why is their few 1966's up in Canada ?
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Because Canada in general, avoids bringing in really expensive old Vintage Ports from what I can tell. Maybe they don't want them tying up cash flow. That would be my guess. If they were smart, they'd pre-sell wines and then go locate them like other retailers in CA.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Roy Hersh wrote:Because Canada in general, avoids bringing in really expensive old Vintage Ports from what I can tell. Maybe they don't want them tying up cash flow. That would be my guess. If they were smart, they'd pre-sell wines and then go locate them like other retailers in CA.
Actualy I've seen only 1963's in the Quebec market and they're overpriced. If they were smart , they'd find a load of 1966's and resell .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .