1995 Graham's Malvedos

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Mike J. W.

1995 Graham's Malvedos

Post by Mike J. W. »

Dark purple all of the way out to the rim. It's almost as dark as the 2007 Graham's VP. Hints of vanilla and caramel on the nose along with alcohol. It smells rich and has a very intoxicating bouquet. The legs are long, wide and thick as they sit on the glass. The richness continues on the palate. Young, lush, sweet blueberries and blackberries mix with vanilla and caramel. The alcohol isn't completely integrated and it's probably an easy 7 to 10 years from peak, but this is still a very nice glass of Port. By 2030, this will probably grade out at 94, but for now, I give it 92 points.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1995 Graham's Malvedos

Post by Andy Velebil »

1995 is the vintage that was forgotten. Which is complete rubbish as it’s an amazing year. But 1994 overshadowed it and it’s never gained the reputation it truly deserves. I love 1995 Ports and this one is no exception. Glad you enjoyed it.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John M.

Post by John M. »

1995s are incredible and the best thing is most are very affordable.
Any Port in a storm!
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

I also love the 1995's. One of the great bargains!
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

I'd have to agree on the '95's. I've had the Ferreira, the SW Madalena, Quinta do Crasto, Croft Quinta da Roeda and now the Malvedos and they have all been very good.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Ditto on the ‘95s, they were downright cheap during the financial crisis flash deal site days around 2010. I wish I’d gotten more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Brad