Event: SAMMAMISH PORT CLUB - MARCH 2023

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Stewart T.

Event: SAMMAMISH PORT CLUB - MARCH 2023

Post by Stewart T. »

SAMMAMISH PORT CLUB - MARCH 2023 - Seattle, Washington (3/18/2023)
  • 1991 Taylor (Fladgate) Porto Vintage Quinta de Vargellas - Portugal, Douro, Porto
    Decant time six hours. Dark purple in color with bricking. Complex aromas with floral notes with milk chocolate on the nose. Rich intense entry with some good acidity. The mid-palette is pleasant with just a touch of black pepper on the finish. (94 pts.)
  • 2011 Vinhos Oscar Quevedo Porto Vintage - Portugal, Douro, Porto
    Dark, almost impenetrable purple in color. Crushed blueberry and blackberry on the nose with some light estava and chalky minerality. Big tannins on the entry with chocolate and dark fruit flavors on the very long finish. (92 pts.)
  • NV J.H. Andresen Porto 20-Year-Old White Porto - Portugal, Douro, Porto
    Bottled in 2021. Dark amber-brown in color with yellow edges. Tropical friuts, honey and oak on the nose. Smooth notes of caramel, honey, vanilla, and light brown sugar on the palate. Very smooth. (93 pts.)
  • NV Dalva Porto 30 Years Old White - Portugal, Douro, Porto
    Bottled in 2017. Amber-orange in color. Vanilla caramel on the nose. Very intense entry and complex palette with grilled tropical fruit, some torrefacted sugars, and honey. There is bright acidity and a very long finish. (94 pts.)
  • NV S. Leonardo Porto 40 Year Old Tawny - Portugal, Douro, Porto
    Bottled in 2019. Dark amber-orange in color. Wonderful caramel, vanilla and brown sugar on the nose. Rich entry, with caramel and wonderfully smooth flavor profile. This wine always has an amazing balance between the sweetness and lively acidity. This seems much younger than a 40 Year Old Tawny Port. (94 pts.)
  • 1871 Cossart Gordon & Co. Madeira Bual Solera - Portugal, Madeira
    Not rated.
https://www.theportguy.com/sammamish-po ... -grab-bag/
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Event: SAMMAMISH PORT CLUB - MARCH 2023

Post by David Spriggs »

Stewart T. wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:10 pm [*]1871 Cossart Gordon & Co. Madeira Bual Solera - Portugal, Madeira
Not rated.
[/list]
What happened to this wine??
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Tasted at the end of the evening but no tasting note. I include an Port/Mardeia that I taste as part of an event in my "Cellar Tracker Tasting Story," and because of the automatic publishing from CT to FTLOP, can't prevent it from publishing all wines in a Tasting Note Story, even if there isn't an actual tasting note. I will usually come back in and delete the individual TN in FTLOP Tasting Notes database since it has no actual tasting note, as it doesn't really provide the TNDB any value other than just listing the wine.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Damn, I was looking forward to hear about this one. Bummer!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Ask, and ye shall receive. Just poured myself another little taste so I could write you a tasting note :)

1871 Cossart Gordon & Co. Madeira Bual Solera