OK, so what Port do you have in your lineup this weekend?

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

OK, so what Port do you have in your lineup this weekend?

Post by Roy Hersh »

I am still deciding between a Madeira and trying two CA port wannabes that I was asked to check out. :wink:

How about you?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Rich Greenberg
Location: Redwood City, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Rich Greenberg »

Nothing in the lineup for me this weekend, as I'm still in a no-alcohol zone as a get a fitness regimen built up. I'm sure I'll ease back into my wine consumption in about a week or two. Just need to get a jump start on things without having my body recovering from alcohol consumption, too.

Roy, care to divulge which CA port producers you are referring to? I was in Napa last weekend, and very nearly pulled into the Praeger Port Works until I remembered that (a) my cellar is already full, (b) I had a delivery coming this week of another case of wine, and (c) I had a case of purchases in the back seat already!! ;) I have had Praeger ports in the past, though I admit that I wasn't "into" wine then, so no real recollections.

Whatever you decide to drink, I'm sure you will enjoy!

Rich
Robert O.

Post by Robert O. »

I gave my liver a one week rest last week and my reward is a 2003 Croft this weekend. I want to try it out and then let the other 7 bottles I bought sleep for a long time.
Scott Anaya

Post by Scott Anaya »

I'm in Rich's boat. I'm in the middle of my Pilates Boot Camp regimin and I haven't had a drop since I kinda hurt myself on New Years. Who thought that after a wine filled dinner, that a whole bottle of 77 Krohn was a good idea. And who gave me the glass of bourbon after that???? :oops:
Scott Anaya
Marc Sherwin
Location: Catonsville, Maryland, United States of America - USA

Small Party

Post by Marc Sherwin »

1970 Taylor's
Casa da Sana Eufimia (sp?) Reserve White
Burmester 40 year Tawny
Probably one or two others.

Glad the party is at my house...
J. Bradley Rauch
Location: Orchard Park, New York, United States of America - USA

Post by J. Bradley Rauch »

1985 warre's for the weekend

just added some 2003 Croft and some 2005 Taylor to the cellar :D
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Not a darn thing :cry: I am in the middle of an 80 hour work week, so no alcohol for me till Wednesday at the earliest.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Ah... all these New Year's Resolutions being kept... :( I hate being one of the folks that does this, because I suspect that 99% of us are prone to fail sooner or later - myself included :roll: - but I haven't had any Port since New Year's eve/into Jan 1 as well.

I am hoping to participate in the January VT later on in the month, but with the shocking number of calories :cry: :oops: my long term goals would be hampered by the addition of so many empty calories.

That being said, it is my daughter's third birthday this weekend, we are having folks over, and my treat to myself will be either a Warre's 95 LBV or a Kopke '97 LBV... both are on Death Row, but haven't decided which sentence will be carried out just yet.

Todd
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Probably no port this week-end but another Batuta 2003 if my brother comes by. Just found another 3 bottles of these and still it is not enough, darn good!

Tonight was some Faustino Gran Reseva 1970, Rioja. Not great but very interesting and still enjoyable!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

It's Saturday night and I've just finished off a bottle of RTWC 2003 Tokaji 5 Putts that was opened on Thursday night. Tomorrow night will see the opening of a bottle of Andresen 1982 colheita.

Alex
PaulSavage
Location: Branford, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by PaulSavage »

I've decanted a bottle of the "controversial" '77 Graham's into two small 375s that are resting in the fridge. Maybe tomorrow night...!

I've also got a Taylor 20-year Tawny ready to go! Treating myself right! :wink: But I want to pick up a bottle of the 10-year too, and maybe another producer's 10-year or two, to see what quality and character I can find in an inexpensive Port. That topic should be a good one for a new thread! :winepour:
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Well, finally it was 2003 Batuta and 10yo Niepoort.... for me alone :lol:

Notes to follow, both were really enjoyable!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Mark DaSilva
Location: Mission Viejo, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Taylor Fladgate 10 yr tawny. Keeping it simple. A darker tawny than others I've tasted. Not bad. Raisins stand out - we're halfway through the bottle.

I have a Cockburns 2003 staring at me, daring me to open it. But its too soon. It was stained in a damaged shipment and I got credit for it from Fed Ex. Basically free. The other I am storing, along with a Delaforce 2003. But how do you resist NOT opening these???