13th of April 2008: Dirk Niepoort and his wines in Montreal

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Frederick Blais

13th of April 2008: Dirk Niepoort and his wines in Montreal

Post by Frederick Blais »

Hi guys, I want to give you the heads up about this. The date is confirmed but still some very small details for the menu and pricing are left to confirm to get the final price of this evening.

I am organising a special evening with Dirk Niepoort in Montreal. We'll showcase his wines alongside one of the very best food table in Montreal : Le Club Chasse et Pêche. We have planned a custom menu to fit with 7 of his wines and one Port. It should be a very special occasion both the meet the man and discover how great Douro wines can be with food.

I'll post the final details here of course. So if any of you want to make the trip, I'll be please to help you find accomodation in the area.

I hope to see a few of you!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Excellent news !!
A must ( I couldn't resist )
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Paul_B

Post by Paul_B »

Nice going Fred,

please do share the details... I'm a big fan of Niepoort and hope to be able to make that.. and the chance to discover a restaurant that I'm not familiar with is always fun.

Maybe, I could pre-order a Garrafeira 77 from Dirk and pick it up later this summer in person. (July in Portugal is high on my wish list for this year).

Is he here for some other Port/Wine / ICEP / SAQ event in April?

later
Paul
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Paul, unfortunately I don't think he'll bottle the 77 Garrafeira yet this year, we had a talk about this recently.

He's mainly coming for the event. I've been trying to convince him for more than 2 years. He'll also do some promotion and visits with his wine agency in Québec.

I haven't received the ICEP date for this year. I'll share as soon as I get them. Christiano Van Zeller should be in Montreal before the end of February, I'll keep you posted if some activities are organized for the public. Of course don't miss the Montreal wine fair in late March, last week-end.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Paul_B

Post by Paul_B »

That was quick,

just because it isn't bottled doesn't mean we can't reserve/pre-order/pre-pay or verbally demonstrate interest..

any get together around the topic of port or portuguese wines is good for me.

/Paul
guilherme

Post by guilherme »

Whoever meets Dirk, please send him cheers
from Brazil.

Guilherme