1994 Sandeman Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Moses Botbol

1994 Sandeman Vintage Port

Post by Moses Botbol »

Decanted and poured back into bottle; +5 hours. Color is a dark rust and slightly cloudy. There’s a slight sheen to the surface. The body is a thin side. Slightly dead on the nose with slight spirit. There’s a little too much acid for my likes, and some vegetal notes as well. Lychees, bananas, dates, figs, and blackberries as the primary tastes. There’s s tad more going on in the finish with dates and dry grapes. Overall, not very sweet, yet a decent port. I don’t see much improvement from further aging, but should hold another 5-10 years. 89 points.

Last edited by Moses Botbol on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
JacobH

Re: 1994 Sandeman Vintage Port

Post by JacobH »

Moses Botbol wrote: Leeches, bananas, dates, figs, and blackberries as the primary tastes.
I hope you meant lychees rather than leeches! :)
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

JacobH wrote:
Moses Botbol wrote: Leeches, bananas, dates, figs, and blackberries as the primary tastes.
:lol: I was hoping the same thing
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

JacobH wrote:
Yikes... Never tasted (nor do I know what they taste like) leeches... Too funny. Let me see if I can correct my post.
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

+30 hours and shown some improvement to ’94 Sandeman. This is now a softer port that still shows dry grape in the palette and more sweetness initially. I do not know where long term aging is going to take this port, but I’ll give it another point. 90 points.