1975 Ferreira Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

SEAN C.
Location: Brooklyn,, New York, United States of America - USA

1975 Ferreira Vintage Port

Post by SEAN C. »

The 1975 Ferreira had hints of raisin and cherry on the nose and a medium ruby color with a light edge in the glass. It was very well balanced and had a sweet cherry syrup taste with just the right amount of alcohol. Overall I had low expectations for the off-year 1975 but was pleasantly surprised after the initial sips. This was one of the best Ports of the vintage I have ever had and it rivaled or surpassed the excellent '70 Ferreira for best of the night.

Sean C. 94/100
Moses B. 91/100

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: 1975 FERREIRA VINTAGE PORT

Post by Roy Hersh »

94 points eh? Ferreira has the unique ability to get it done well in vintages that others seem to swing at and miss.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
SEAN C.
Location: Brooklyn,, New York, United States of America - USA

Post by SEAN C. »

I'm going on record here.. that stuff was good ..maybe better than the '70 which is great as well!
Hopefully Fred will chime in on this one too!
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

It was my favourite of the flight too. I do want to write my TN but time is just not there actually :?

94 isn't it the same mark as Graham's 50? :wink:
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

At first this port had a simple nose dominated with young berries and earthy notes, but then with air some tobacco leaf came in to add some complexity. On the palate, it si probably the most full bodied port of the line up with still lots of fruit to show, some cinnamon and pepper are showing on the long and balanced finish. 17/20
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

SEAN C. wrote:I'm going on record here.. that stuff was good ..maybe better than the '70 which is great as well!
Hopefully Fred will chime in on this one too!
Yes, it was one of the best if not the best. My score may have been early on this one. Buy it if you can find it!
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars