Large port collection for sale

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

jacob terrell
Location: Paso Robles, California, United States of America - USA

Large port collection for sale

Post by jacob terrell »

all sold!
Last edited by jacob terrell on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Large port collection for sale

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thanks Jake. I hope all goes well as you certainly have many gems on this list.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
jacob terrell

Post by jacob terrell »

I have gotten a good amount of people asking about splitting these up. I will split up the list if you can purchase a decent amount, or some of the more expensive bottles...
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

jacob,

nice list. i should be back up in Paso either in the next few weeks or after i return from the Portugal trip. I'll shoot you an email later tonight when i get home and ahve more time.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Hello Jacob, would you be willing to ship your bottle to Canada? I live in Montreal and I'm interested in the Magnums of Taylor.

Thank

Fred
jacob terrell wrote:I know...I am a newbie. So you'll have to forgive me for making my first post in the marketplace. :D
I am well known on the Parker boards (same name) and I have been in contact with Roy about this collection and he recommended that I post it here...so here goes. This collection has been stored in an active cooler since release. The older bottles (1977 and older) were purchased from reputable auction houses and are in awesome condition. I can ship to the wine in styro's, but I would rather wait until cooler weather unless you would like to pay for expedited shipping. The wine can also be picked up/inspected here in Paso Robles, CA.

I would really rather sell this lot as a whole and not piece it out...but I will if I have to. Priority is to someone who will take the whole thing. Pictures available~
YEAR Producer Quantity Price
1935 Grahams Vintage 1 450 (Facsimile label)
1948 Taylor Fladgate Vintage 1 900 (pristine condition, former Cristie's bottle)
1963 Fonseca Vintage 1 275 (chipped wax capsule, just chipped a few days ago) SOLD
1963 Grahams Vintage 4 320
1977 Dow's Vintage 2 90 SOLD
1977 Fonseca Vintage 11 185
1977 Warre's Vintage 2 75 SOLD
1985 Fonseca Vintage 3 80 SOLD
1992 Fonseca Vintage 4 90
1992 Taylor Fladgate Vintage 2 180 SOLD
1994 Dow's Vintage 2 80
1994 Grahams Vintage 2 75 SOLD
1994 Taylor Fladgate Vintage Magnum 2 290

There are 42 bottles total, total is $7,940. Price is firm.

Email me at jacobterrell@yahoo.com

Cheers!
Jake
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
jacob terrell

Post by jacob terrell »

I have shipped wine to canada before and have had your gov. snag it...so I would rather not. Do you have someone in the states that we could ship to?
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Todd,

Jake can ship them to me if you'd like, seeing as I'm already holding one bottle for you.
Glenn Elliott
jacob terrell

Post by jacob terrell »

works for me...

Frederick-shoot me an email and we'll work out the logistics...
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Whoops, my mistake... somehow I saw "Canada" and thought it was Todd who posted.

I'm still willing to receive the bottles for Frederick, but I'm not already holding one for him. I'm sure we'll meet up some day (besides next month), though, so if that works for Frederick I can hold them for him.

And no, Frederick, I'm not willing to bring your Magnums to Pinhao for you next month because we're not planning to check luggage on the way over. :wink:
Glenn Elliott
Frederick Blais

Glenn E. wrote:Whoops, my mistake... somehow I saw "Canada" and thought it was Todd who posted.

I'm still willing to receive the bottles for Frederick, but I'm not already holding one for him. I'm sure we'll meet up some day (besides next month), though, so if that works for Frederick I can hold them for him.

And no, Frederick, I'm not willing to bring your Magnums to Pinhao for you next month because we're not planning to check luggage on the way over. :wink:
No worries I've already got a magnum waiting for me in Portugal so I won't bring 3 home :oops:
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Thanks Glenn! :)

A couple of those bottles I would like to purchase, but a couple that I really wanted (Fonseca 85) are sold already and if Glenn is holding a bottle for me, then I have already exceeded my Port budget for this half of the year :shock: :sad:

In the end, if Roy is willing to bring up Fred's bottle to me in November, I believe I can ship inter-border without raising any gov't flags and therefore, Fred could get his bottle.

Todd
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Haha... so wait, is this the plan?

Jake ships them to me (since I already have a shipment coming), I give them to Roy, Roy takes them to Todd, and Todd ships them to Frederick? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glenn Elliott
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Glenn E. wrote:Haha... so wait, is this the plan?

Jake ships them to me (since I already have a shipment coming), I give them to Roy, Roy takes them to Todd, and Todd ships them to Frederick? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's similar to the "shipper - importer - distributor - retailer" chain we have here in Canada so I can't see why this wouldn't work!!! :roll:

It's up to Fred I suppose.
Frederick Blais

Todd Pettinger wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:Haha... so wait, is this the plan?

It's similar to the "shipper - importer - distributor - retailer" chain we have here in Canada so I can't see why this wouldn't work!!! :roll:

It's up to Fred I suppose.
Seems that by the time I sent him a PM the bottles were sold. But no problem, I understand it is probably simpler for him. I'll have another shot :D I have co workers going to Connecticut almost each month, I'll try to work something with them.
jacob terrell

Post by jacob terrell »

Sorry about that...I didn't think that you had worked out anything for shipping within the US. If you can work out something there is still some gems on that list that I would be happy to part with.

:lol: Cheers!
Frederick Blais

jacob terrell wrote:Sorry about that...I didn't think that you had worked out anything for shipping within the US. If you can work out something there is still some gems on that list that I would be happy to part with.

:lol: Cheers!
I had big eyes on the magnum! I offered someone 350 on the Taylor 94 mag recently and he refused looking for 500$ :shock: So at 290$ for me was a no brainer. We have an office in USA and I need to confirm but I'm sure I could make them ship there and then someone can bring them back. Just need to confirm first. Once its done maybe I'll order something :D
jacob terrell

Post by jacob terrell »

I would like to get all of this sold in the next few days...make me a fair offer on what is left...

:mrgreen:
jacob terrell

Post by jacob terrell »

Whatever I don't sell is going off to auction...but I would rather sell it here and not have to deal with the royal pain in the ass auctions...
SEAN C.
Location: Brooklyn,, New York, United States of America - USA

Post by SEAN C. »

is the 35 graham available?
jacob terrell

Post by jacob terrell »

yep...email me at jacobterrell@yahoo.com and we'll talk.