Ferreira Dona Antónia Reserve Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Ferreira Dona Antónia Reserve Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Yesterday I attended a wine tasting for a California distributor and Broadbent Selections was there doing a small seminar on Port and Madeira. The seminar was very well put on, albeit a bit simple if you already knew about Port and Madeira :wink: . They had a sampling of various Ports and two Madeira's to taste as part of the seminar.

This was better than the Broadbent Auction Reserve Port and had come pine tar and carmel, was well balanced and smooth, and was showing more tawny notes than the Auction Reserve. A medium finish rounded a very good Reserve Port that would make a fine "house Port." 85 points
09/10/08
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Michael M.

Re: Ferreira Dona Antónia Reserve Port

Post by Michael M. »

Andy,
thanks for the note. I like this one a lot. As you mentioned, a fine house Tawny and at a very reasonable price. I like this beautiful and fresh Tawny character of the Dona Antónia Reserve. I would rate this a bit higher.
Cheers
Michael
Shut Up 'N Drink Yer Port
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Ferreira Dona Antónia Reserve Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Michael,
Glad you enjoy it, as it was tasty. I don't recall ever trying this paticular Port before, but Ferreira does make some top notch ports, and this was no exception even for a Reserve.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com