Need New Movie + Video Suggestions

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Need New Movie + Video Suggestions

Post by Roy Hersh »

We had a blackout here locally a couple of days ago. It began around noon and ended the next morning around 3 a.m. or so. I got so bored, I left my house and found pretty much all of Sammamish in the black. I drove to Redmond and lights were on, so I went to see a movie, the new James Bond. The past couple of Bond flicks have been weak, but this one actually was pretty darn entertaining. It had been a LONG time since I'd had popcorn and soda, but the fifth and final Daniel Craig portrayal of Bond in: No Time To Die ... was worth seeing.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Has anyone seen the new film on FERRARI?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Lindsay E.

Post by Lindsay E. »

I wish! The last racing themed films I watched were Ford vs Ferrari (2019) and Rush (2013) and found both movies entertaining. I read a few reviews for the new Ferrari film which all mentioned a strong theme of Corporate greed (or the greed of Enzo Ferrari) vs the life/safety of individuals. I'm interested to know how hard that theme gets forced on the viewer while watching the film. The last film I saw in the theater (and the first I saw in theater since 2018) was Haunting in Venice which I enjoyed. Haunting in Venice seemed to have a more engaging balance than Kenneth Branagh's previous two Agatha Christie based films. I also ponied up the rental fee to watch the latest Mission Impossible film on streaming last week....not much to say other than if you've enjoyed the previous Mission Impossible films then you should enjoy the newest film more-or-less the same.