Port and CellarTracker

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Port and CellarTracker

Post by Roy Hersh »

Simply put, CellarTracker is the greatest wine tool developed since the invention of the cork screw.

So how many of you are using CellarTracker (CT) these days? :ftlop: is currently in the procress of making it very simple to download your TNs from CT to FTLOP and/or from FTLOP to CT. Of course you would have to be a registered user of CellarTracker's in order to use this cool functionality.

If you have never gone to this truly amazing website, have a look: http://www.cellartracker.com as it is the largest database of wine tasting notes on the planet and offers by far and away the most extraordinary tool for keeping track of every bottle in your cellar. From valuations for insurance purposes, to the exact location of each specific bottle, to price paid, when to drink the wine, where to buy more, what others have written about it ... I honestly have never seen a more comprehensive program for use by and for wine lovers.

There is already integration and links between the two sites. Additionally, when we are able co-author tasting notes on both, this should help expand both communities.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bryan H.

Re: Port and CellarTracker

Post by Bryan H. »

What are the pros and cons of cellartracker vs. vinfolio? I currently use vinfolio, because that is the first such site I found and all of my wine is already in there. It seems pretty useful to me, but I don't have the knowledge to compare them.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I absolutely love Cellar Tracker. I've been using it for about 3 or 4 years now and IMO it's the best wine inventory system out there. It's easy to use and integrates well with many other sites and programs.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

How is the location tracking? I don't have a great system, but I have one that satisfies my desire for spatial orientation. I have all my bottles in an Excel spreadsheet where I can do math type stuff, and also in a PowerPoint presentation which has tables that match the physical layout of my cellar, a map if you will. I suspect CellarTracker will do the Excel side, and I know it claims to do the PowerPoint side. How well?